• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India - ODIs

R_D

International Debutant
Parveen Kumar and Ishant finishing off the innings.... really not surprised Aus is going to get 300 here for sure...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hussey is so so good.

What a shot.

Any1 who asks for him to be dropped in odis has no idea

Sylvester

State Captain
Great knock by Hussey too bad he could finish it and end with the not out. Lets see if Lee still has his hitting from the last game.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great last over from Ishant. Only 1 run from it.

Happy with his bowling today. Praveen less so!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cracking last over.

If we had Yuvi I'd back us to go close. Without him, no hope tbh. Hope Sachin can make a few though.

inbox24

International Debutant
On such a flat pitch against this kind of batting you really need to have all your batsmen striking at 80+, which will probably mean Australia lose on the back of White's slow innings.

R_D

International Debutant
So excited about Sachin and Sehwag batting.... hopefully a blistering start from them :D

Decent last over by Ishant...

duffer

Heh inbox. Opposition needs to pull off a record chase yet Australia are little hope.

R_D

International Debutant
Cracking last over.

If we had Yuvi I'd back us to go close. Without him, no hope tbh. Hope Sachin can make a few though.
Yeah thats what i was thinking too... with Yuvi in the middle order.. feels like India can chase any score.

duffer

Yeah thats what i was thinking too... with Yuvi in the middle order.. feels like India can chase any score.
Yeah, I rate Kohli, Raina and Jadeja but don't see any of them being up to this at this stage of their careers unless Sehwag, Sachin and Gambhir get us very close.

R_D

International Debutant
Ishant bowled decently today and i do like Parveen Kumar but he never should be bowling in the last 10 overs.... at his pace he's a cannon fodder for these batsman.
Seriously need to consider Harbhajan's position as number 1 spinner in both forms of game... India should give Mishra ago or someone else. As much as like the way Harbhajan can lift the team but overall he's been usless in ODI cricket for a quite a long time now. He continues to be picked on reputation.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm a big fan of Yuvi in the coloured clothes, but he's never really done the job against Australia in ODIs. In ODIs against Australia in India he averages 26.18.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him in instead of Kohli to add some experience, and I reckon he'd smash Watson and Hopes on this pitch, but I don't think its game over without him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ishant bowled decently today and i do like Parveen Kumar but he never should be bowling in the last 10 overs.... at his pace he's a cannon fodder for these batsman.
Seriously need to consider Harbhajan's position as number 1 spinner in both forms of game... India should give Mishra ago or someone else. As much as like the way Harbhajan can lift the team but overall he's been usless in ODI cricket for a quite a long time now. He continues to be picked on reputation.
Agree with so much of this post.

Praveen is a good limited overs bowler when he's opening the bowling and getting it to move. I'd bowl him 7 overs at the start, in the powerplays, and then his last 3 in the middle.

Have Ishant and Nehra (and Zaheer when he's back) bowl at the death.

And Harbhajan was putrid today.

R_D

International Debutant
Agree with so much of this post.

Praveen is a good limited overs bowler when he's opening the bowling and getting it to move. I'd bowl him 7 overs at the start, in the powerplays, and then his last 3 in the middle.

Have Ishant and Nehra (and Zaheer when he's back) bowl at the death.

And Harbhajan was putrid today.
Yeah or bowl him out straight away the way Adam Dale used to do it for Australia. I think he had similar pace as well.. remember he used to bowl 8 to 10 overs on the trot.. depending on whether he's having a good day or not.