• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Terrific effort by ashwin. Really needed the others especially the two seamers to not bowl as **** as they did. Feel like a few have spun a bit more in the last half hour which is concerning.

Spark

Global Moderator
Terrific effort by ashwin. Feel like a few have spun a bit more in the last half hour which is concerning. Really needed the others especially the two seamers to not bowl as **** as they did.
Yeah Ashwin has been real impressive. Feels like he's been the only spinner to really try and mix things up and make the batsman react to him rather than just bowling the same ball again and again

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like back in the old days the new ball was taken after 55 overs or something like that so maybe some of the timeless tests
That was the case immediately post-war iirc. The Invincibles used to it to epic effect on the 48 tour

Terrific effort that by Aus. Really disciplined approach. There’s no way blokes like Murphy and Lyon put on that many if they’re in at 280-300 because the bloke’s above them showed #intent

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I feel like back in the old days the new ball was taken after 55 overs or something like that so maybe some of the timeless tests
Rule didn't apply in a timeless test, only in some English test immediately post-war. If they had take them when entitled Australia could theoretically have used five against England at the Oval in 1938 - it was allowed when 200 runs had been scored with the prior one.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No exaggeration

Axar is no better than a few grade spinners that I played against

He’s more accurate but that’s pretty much it

This is why Murphy suddenly looks comfortable

Take pitch variations out of the equation and there’s nothing to be worried about
I find it very hard to shake the image I had of him when played in what turned out to be the final ODI tri-series here in 14/15. He looked like an utter pie thrower and spread in filthy roundarm darts that were strongly reminiscent of Darren Lehmann, and though economical were even less penetrative.

I know he's a better bowler than that, but he is extremely far short of Jadeja's class and it has showed this series.