• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For Australia this match is looking eerily similar to their first Test in Sri Lanka last year (had an almost identical 1st inns run lead).
Felt that way for large parts of the day.

Seems like India really lifted. A bit of a shame that it'll probably be 1-1 despite Australia having basically dominated most of the series before today, but what can you do. Realistically if you offered us 1-1 I'd have bitten your hand off....just a shame that the other 1 happened in this way.

Hopefully we don't collapse in an ugly way. Well ideally we could keep in our own hands with a good spell tomorrow, but even then it might not be enough.

morgieb

I just thought of something. What if we somehow get into a truly dominating position tomorrow and the rain saves Australia.

We get to blame Shri again because he was praying for rain. You'd better hope that doesn't happen Shri you ****.
Would be so good. Everyone bar Shri wins.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I cbf'd going to work on a day last week and foolishly exhausted my plausible deniability sickie quota for the month and can't take tomorrow off.

Sucks man. :(

bigmitch

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I can't imagine that the Australian media, fans, or cricket team will accept that 'we gave our best effort' and 'if you offered 1-1 at the start of the series we would take it'.

That's why a loss would be almost as good as handing the trophy back to India, as soon as some luck travels the other way conservative captaincy and woeful bowling creeps in.

Tomorrow is so, so, so crucial. Lose this and they really will be gutted for the rest of the series.

Compton

International Debutant
If there's a threat of rain preventing India from winning, you can bet Australia will counter it with some good old fashioned #intent by trying to win the match themselves pre-rain.

bigmitch

It's unfair to pin this whole farce on a tail ender's slog, but Starc has set the tone for these meek collapses both with bat and ball today.

Burgey

I don't think they were that bad tbh. India batted well, the quicks wee a bit ragged pre-lunch but you wouldn't say they handed it back to the opposition. Spinners still creating chances pretty regularly, just nothing going to hand. It happens.

morgieb

If there's a threat of rain preventing India from winning, you can bet Australia will counter it with some good old fashioned #intent by trying to win the match themselves pre-rain.
Heh. TBF, Australia have actually tried to bat normally for most of the Test, but there are some concerning signs that bad habits are creeping in.

Although I think whinging about the conditions actually have a bit of merit here (even if it's sour grapes).

bigmitch

Heh. TBF, Australia have actually tried to bat normally for most of the Test, but there are some concerning signs that bad habits are creeping in.

Although I think whinging about the conditions actually have a bit of merit here (even if it's sour grapes).
Your constant gambhiring throughout the day has been all but justified, well done

Burgey

Do agree that the tail batted terribly though. Should have had it in mind to be batting at lunch. Seemed very loose.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Correct. this is where the dropped chances off pujara really, really hurts. of course smith took the blinder straight after off rahul but we could have been batting by now.

i had this feeling that all it would take for us to lose it mentally was a day of application and luck by the indian batsmen combined with tough chances going down

Pretty much what it took the Indians to lose it mentally so far this series too :)

morgieb

I don't think they were that bad tbh. India batted well, the quicks wee a bit ragged pre-lunch but you wouldn't say they handed it back to the opposition. Spinners still creating chances pretty regularly, just nothing going to hand. It happens.
I feel like it helped India close the deficit reasonably quickly. Bowl normally and you might be 3/4 down by the time India reach the deficit and they're way behind. Though tbf Hazlewood did do a great job before tea in getting Australia back on top.

It just grates because Australia have been clearly the better team for 70% of the Test and were on the verge of series victory. Maybe it still happens even if we lose this Test, but it'll be hard.

Spikey

I just thought of something. What if we somehow get into a truly dominating position tomorrow and the rain saves Australia.

We get to blame Shri again because he was praying for rain. You'd better hope that doesn't happen Shri you ****.
it's honestly incredible how much **** you and ***** are gonna have to eat if India win this

morgieb

Your constant gambhiring throughout the day has been all but justified, well done
Funny thing was that the Gambhiring was mostly a backlash of seeing that mr_mister made a post of India being done, then at the same time I see the post Starc falls with a rash stroke. Felt like karma, like it was counteracting Shri's ****iness.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lyon hasn't bowled great but I have lost count of the number of balls that have went off the glove/shoulder of the bat and dropped about two metres from a fielder.

What I felt when Ash was bowling last test and yesterday at least in the first 2 sessions. And in the Chennai test FWIW. I actually think Lyon bowled a bit better today than the first day. The pitch having slowed down has made him work harder and show his variations more I think. In the first session, he just had to bowl it the way he does usually and ensure he landed it in that area and the ball did anything it wanted post that. Here, it was a little bit more predictable and adjustable, due to the wicket slowing down a bit, and he was still almost just as threatening. He was all class today tbh. A great display of psin bowling but as has been the case in recent times, most great spells end up with 0 rewards.

Actually thought SOK trying to flight and spin the ball was a bit odd. HIs usual method would easily succeed here.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The pitch has been great. Plenty of runs in it for batsman who apply themselves, still not easy to get a start.

Both good pace and spin are dangerous but spinners who bowl tripe for 50 overs are not rewarded.

Love 200-300 par pitches.

Ideal Indian pitch.

Spark

Global Moderator
What I felt when Ash was bowling last test and yesterday at least in the first 2 sessions. And in the Chennai test FWIW. I actually think Lyon bowled a bit better today than the first day. The pitch having slowed down has made him work harder and show his variations more I think. In the first session, he just had to bowl it the way he does usually and ensure he landed it in that area and the ball did anything it wanted post that. Here, it was a little bit more predictable and adjustable, due to the wicket slowing down a bit, and he was still almost just as threatening. He was all class today tbh. A great display of psin bowling but as has been the case in recent times, most great spells end up with 0 rewards.

Actually thought SOK trying to flight and spin the ball was a bit odd. HIs usual method would easily succeed here.
Nah, he definitely didn't bowl as well. He struggled a bit to maintain a consistent length and his trajectory wasn't as threatening wrt drop.