• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Spark

Global Moderator
In any case, if the conditions were hard surely that's all the more reason not to attempt that awful ****ing slog-pull on a pitch keeping low.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah not surprised that you don't think its much. I think we have an ideological difference there. I personally don't like a player calling the other team "weak" and claiming "mind games got to them" on Twitter mid-match when they're 3-0 down. I am not saying ban Warner or discipline him, I am saying it is poor form mid-match and is not a good habit to get into. If he said that **** on the field, rather than on Twitter replying to twitter trolls, its a different ball game.

Agree to disagree.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's dumb, and surprise surprise it's Warner who did it who is probably the dumbest international cricketer going around, but it's hardly a big thing. The tweets are obviously in reply to twitter trolls.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think its a hangable offence no, but I think it shows a complete lack of respect for the spirit of the game, for the opposition and also a lack of perspective.

Twitter troll or not I think its indefensible. Just don't do it. Being a dumb **** doesn't give you an excuse, team should pull you up on it. And its not the first time he's got in Twitter trouble.

Fact he deleted the tweets is enough that someone got in his ear.

Spray the opposition on the field. Not via Twitter. Calling them weak is unbelievable really.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't even get why they bother to reply to fans on twitter anyway, it doesn't help you in any way whatsoever and can only lead you to trouble.

I must say though that Mickey Arthur deleting his twitter account mid-series was possibly the dumbest thing to do, I mean really dude you couldn't have waited another month?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can understand why they do it. Heat of the moment its hard to control yourself. But what you "say" in the reply in the heat of the moment explains what you are actually thinking and where your head is at, and it showed a lack of perspective from Warner imo. Know when you are getting your arse handed to you and just shut up and train the house down.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
I can understand why they do it. Heat of the moment its hard to control yourself. But what you "say" in the reply in the heat of the moment explains what you are actually thinking and where your head is at, and it showed a lack of perspective from Warner imo. Know when you are getting your arse handed to you and just shut up and train the house down.
This.

You're 3-0. The opposition holding you heads down by your balls. You can't get a run to save your life. and then you call the opposition weak.

Just unbelievable really. and to think, people are talking up him as a possible future captain.

And equally bad is the chest thumping from Lyon,
"That's probably something we haven't done over the last three Test matches and I think we saw a reward for putting India under a bit of pressure.
"I think we do wish that we did do it earlier. That's a way that Australia plays its best cricket, when we're putting the contest to the opposition. And no matter who the opposition is, I think it works well."
So what stopped them from employing that earlier? Being all out for 200 odd and then chasing 500+? Apparently the difference between the two sides in the whole series could be boiled down to Australia acting like newlywed brides and was not a matter of the deficiency in skill sets or mental strength. Funny he chose to propound this when for the first time in the series he actually looked like taking some wickets.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Isn't it a bit ironic then to be talking about mental toughness when you let a bunch of trolls get a reaction out of you that you know will most likely land you in trouble?

I'm not even talking about Warner specifically, but when you are on a public platform you should know it's always a double edge sword, and when you are not doing too well you should expect and be ready for these comments, personally if I was Warner I wouldn't have even bothered to touch twitter in the middle of a bad tour, but meh not a biggie, **** happens.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I have no problem with Lyon's comments, I think he was just saying Australia is best when they play hard.

Warner was actually disrespectful.

Warner vs. Kohli is a funny rivalry though. The new KP vs. Yuvraj.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
TBf I think Lyon's is a fair comment, he's not saying that's the only difference he's just pointing out whats been quite obvious in that Australia just haven't applied themselves or tried to play their natural games.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I wonder what'd happen if they were to play for the same IPL team at some point in the future, unlikely but still :laugh:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
if I was Warner I wouldn't have even bothered to touch twitter in the middle of a bad tour, but meh not a biggie, **** happens.
Almost all young modern day athletes are having this problem. Its quite interesting actually how so many of them cannot control themselves.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I wonder what'd happen if they were to play for the same IPL team at some point in the future, unlikely but still :laugh:
We need Kohli and Warner playing for the same team as well as Yuvraj and KP.

Would be sooooooooooooooo good.

pup11

International Coach
From an Aus pov this tour has been an absolute disaster that has finally ended, this tour can do us some good if we are going to fix the shortcomings that were exposed during this tour but from previous experience that too is very unlikely to happen.

One thing is for sure that Arthur just shouldn't be allowed to ruin the Aussie national side anymore, his tactics have truly been atrocious and he's doing nothing other than turning Australian cricket into a joke.

On the other hand not sure Indian cricket has gained anything from this series either, they generally played through the season on very poor pitches where they were beaten by England, a side that had a lot more experience and better spinners than either India or Australia. I am all for home advantage in terms of the pitch suiting the strengths of the home side, but doctoring the pitches to such an extent where average cricketers start looking way better than they are isn't a good thing for test cricket.

Test cricket should always be about the best cricketers from every nation going against each other in conditons that are challenging but at same time fair, if that isn't done then more and more series white-washes across the board will become a norm which won't be good news for test cricket.