• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2010

pasag

RTDAS
Really not sure why they seem to always play Australia in Bangalore to be honest. India havent won a test there in about 15 years and they've lost 4 games since then and have been comfortably outplayed in almost all of the drawn games during that time frame.
Only fair, given we have to play at the location of the 2008 Mohali Massacre again.

Riggins

International Captain
EDIT: haha, unrelated but Usman's blog is awesome;
He always seems to write hilarious stuff. His one some time ago discussing Greg Mail and some of the other guys in the NSW squad was priceless.

"Despite his physical deformities, most impressive was Greg’s influence amongst team-mates. Mailey’s motto of “when in doubt pull out, and move on to plan B” has been one that the Blues have embraced. No one more than his young, impressionable team mate Mitchell Starc who has closely followed in his footsteps. Greg has now moved on to the ‘real world’ with a very exclusive opportunity with Westpac. Yes he is a smart man, who always thought he had all the answers. So I was glad to teach him a lesson one day during a 2nd X1 match. It was Day 3 on a waring wicket, pieces of debris from the pitch lay everywhere. Greg decided to throw one of them at me (give me some of my own medicine he thought) and hit me flush on the back. So I found one the size of a cricket ball and nailed him in the jaw from thirty meters away four balls later! He didn’t get angry being my captain and all, he just said. “Last time I take on a Pakistani born cricketer in a rock throwing contest”. I was in tears at mid-wicket!"

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Really not sure why they seem to always play Australia in Bangalore to be honest. India havent won a test there in about 15 years and they've lost 4 games since then and have been comfortably outplayed in almost all of the drawn games during that time frame.
AUS have a good record their since 1998 as well.

IND should always play test @ Kolkatta really. That ground when its packed is so intimidating.

slipknot

Cricket Spectator
looking forward to this series.

Australia have to prove a point and possibly this will be ponting's last series in india so he will try to win it too.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Hyderabad is almost objectively better than all other Indian cities tbh. :p I've lived in Hyd for 15 years, staying in Chennai now for the last 1 and a half. Would go back in a heartbeat. You don't even get proper Biryani here ffs.
But you get proper coffee. I have an aunt from Hyderabad and the coffee at her place is truly horrible.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Hyderabad is almost objectively better than all other Indian cities tbh. :p I've lived in Hyd for 15 years, staying in Chennai now for the last 1 and a half. Would go back in a heartbeat. You don't even get proper Biryani here ffs.
Man up. As far as biryani is concerned, the quantity makes up for the quality.:p

Sir Alex

Banned
Iirc you can get good biryani in Chennai. The one I had last was from the roadside vendor tasted brilliant. Locals were calling it Kaka biryani.

Julian87

State Captain
So if one of our seamers gets injured (considering Hilfy is there it is more than likely) we see either George or Hazlewood play under the hardest conditions worldwide on debut?

FMD