• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2010

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You're accounting for his post-WC crawl in his career stats though - he was averaging 46 at a strike rate of 83 after the World Cup. Suddenly going from striking at 83 to striking at 71 is a pretty drastic change, particularly at a time where strike rates are on the incline. After 49 ODIs his strike rate was actually 89 - it's been sinking further and further as he's progressed.

I have no issue with his innings today but he definitely has been too slow on occasions of late. He's not going to push on and get a ton every time.
I propose that all stats on CW be hereby posted solely in graphical form.

Ruckus

International Captain
The openers...?
I was talking about White..."What is the chance of White getting 89 not out with a strike rate of 181 if the pitch was actually hard to bat on..."

There is no point even discussing the openers. Marsh faced 11 balls, and Paine is a gritty batsmen, not really suited to ODIs - he is not suited for this format like Haddin.

Spark

Global Moderator
I was talking about White..."What is the chance of White getting 89 not out with a strike rate of 181 if the pitch was actually hard to bat on..."

There is no point even discussing the openers. Marsh faced 11 balls, and Paine is a gritty batsmen, not really suited to ODIs - he is not suited for this format like Haddin.
Right. I was talking about the opening partnership with left us 16/2 after 8 overs. That's when you need to start working singles.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
lol where'd that one come from. The dew will come into play later on. So hopefully India don't lose too many early wickets.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let White come in at 3-20 and do it FFS. Context is everything in cricket.

On a side note, Kohli is ****. Not that I've seen him play before, it's just that Jono likes him, so I don't.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How the **** did he pick the gap there? So much talent just oozing through the boy. Hope he doesn't become a lazy prick like Waterboy

Jayzamann

International Regular
Surprised if Billy could hear anything out there.

Appeal for caught behind in an ODI in India in the middle of a mexican wave. Good luck.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Kholi to look a million dollars for 30 odd runs and the throw away his wicket. Just watch it happen.