• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

shaka

International Regular
Does the Australian team know that MacGill exists and is playing in this match? 50 overs gone and not one over for MacGill

King_Ponting

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
No, I think the reason is that Macgill has been released from play to go and appear for Somerset in a few games, so he's not currently in the Australian touring party and probably isn't at the ground.
I think thats the reason shaka

King_Ponting

International Regular
Australia choose not to enforce the follow on...... interesting...... that also indicates that kaspa is in the trent bridge 11 rather than tait.......

shaka

International Regular
MacGill linked name is not available under the Australian team at the bottom of the full scorecard, this would indicate his non participation in the match.

howardj

International Coach
King_Ponting said:
Australia choose not to enforce the follow on...... interesting...... that also indicates that kaspa is in the trent bridge 11 rather than tait.......
Why is that mate? I think it indicates that the issue has been resolved, but doesn't really indicate in favour of whom.

King_Ponting

International Regular
howardj said:
Why is that mate? I think it indicates that the issue has been resolved, but doesn't really indicate in favour of whom.
Yeh thats what i meant....... But my gut feeling says that kaspa is in rather than tait as tait didnt do anything overly spectacular in this match to put his hand up for selection....

howardj

International Coach
King_Ponting said:
Yeh thats what i meant....... But my gut feeling says that kaspa is in rather than tait as tait didnt do anything overly spectacular in this match to put his hand up for selection....
Yeah, I suppose. In a way, Kaspa was the incumbent, and it was up to Tait to wrest the spot from him by producing something substantial.

King_Ponting

International Regular
on another matter.... Katich/ Hodge opening...... Does this indicate a shootout between the 2 for a position in the trent bridge 11?

howardj

International Coach
King_Ponting said:
yeh most probably.... However say hodge scores a big ton and katich gets out below 20. Does anyone think that hodge has a chance of taking katich's place come thursday...?
No, but it would - particularly given his struggle against reverse swing - mean that Katich would have to produce at Trent Bridge. 'Producing' usually seems to mean scoring over 30 in at least one innings.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
10,000... huzzah.:mellow: Now for another 10,000 to knock out the 'Another game' thread as the biggest on CW.