• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in decline thread

Will Australia Fall into a Slump?

• Yes

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 74.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
JohnnyA said:
How we will torment you all when the bubble finally bursts :)

yeah, one day you might be able to do that but until than :)

you knocking fosters LE :!( :!( :!( :!( :!(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:

you knocking fosters LE :!( :!( :!( :!( :!(
certainly beats knocking it back.

As I sit here, I'm supping a pint of McEwan's Champion Ale. Now that's good drinking.

<quack> believe him. Takes a ****-head to know good beer

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you knocking fosters LE
Now I KNOW you're insane; I rarely drink at all and I know Foster's is the worst brew of all time, only possibly equalled by a Budweiser.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i dont drink beer, but am doing fosters for a case study for business, and judging by the sales, its quite a popular beer. and i dont see why people would drink it if its no good, personal taste though i spose

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Congratulations, you've done what I thought was impossible a week ago.

You have convinced me to support India against Australia.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wowee - talk about OT.
Debating the relative merits of beer - didn't expect to see that one.
Personally I hate the stuff. Lager and beer - all the same, all too bitter.
david - yes, SA are not as good now as they were 4 years ago, losing Donald, Cronje, Cullinan, Klusener and Elworthy (Symcox just preceded their best ODI side, and he was never that good in Tests) but McKenzie, Dippenaar, Ntini, Kemp (if only they'd play him) and Nel all come not too far behind.
I still have every confidence that SA would beat NSW, even at The SCG, but as they're never going to play in a serious series (the next time they'll play so much as a tour game will be in 2 years time) it's a pointless debate.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
M Clarke - 33 fc matches average 37 - but we have all heard of how good he is
Correction - you keep saying how great he is, but most people prefer to wait and see how he actually plays before making a judgement.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:
i dont drink beer, but am doing fosters for a case study for business, and judging by the sales, its quite a popular beer. and i dont see why people would drink it if its no good, personal taste though i spose
It's the 'reality tv' of beers, I suppose.

Eclipse

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Correction - you keep saying how great he is, but most people prefer to wait and see how he actually plays before making a judgement.
witch is fair enough.

But all those who have seen him bat including non australian's importaintly have been very impressed with him.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I must say that I too have a tendency to wander that thin line which separates common sense with 'he's a tremendous batsman' when it comes to Clarke. He's a big talent and he's batted with amazing composure when I've seen him.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
M Clarke - 33 fc matches average 37 - but we have all heard of how good he is

But not seen any real proof...
Your word I would not class as proof

Macgill - 133 wickets @ 26, 480 FC wickets @ 28, test SR 52, FC sr 51 - amazing for a spinner

Good, but not amazing, actually 28, nowhere near amazing.

Bracken - 85 wickets @ 29

That's almost as bad as Harmison...

and Haddin would keep - 42 matches @ 31 - this guy can really his a ball a long way.

So he can hit it a long way, wow, so can I...

yeah i reakon that side would beat any other test side except India in india, but if all the younger players got a little experience over there that even that might change.
To quote Radiohead "You're living in a fantasy world"

NSW may be a strong team but to me the bowling isn't all it's cranked up to be. The batting is strong but is hampered a lot by call-ups and I can't remember when Glenn McGrath played for NSW, it was that long ago. As for beating everyone except India, I don't rate India as the 2nd strongest side in the World, that goes to South Africa who I doubt would have many problems, oh and there's NZ and yes, England who NSW heroically failed to thrash last time they were over. Get a grip and stop looking like such a fool.

Last edited:

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Australia are just too good at the moment to be able to be crumbled. Sure Australia have their injury concerns with their bowlers & they did lose to India in their first ODI in the tri-series. But to suggest they are crumbling is too far off the mark at the moment.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Rik said:
To quote Radiohead "You're living in a fantasy world"

NSW may be a strong team but to me the bowling isn't all it's cranked up to be. The batting is strong but is hampered a lot by call-ups and I can't remember when Glenn McGrath played for NSW, it was that long ago. As for beating everyone except India, I don't rate India as the 2nd strongest side in the World, that goes to South Africa who I doubt would have many problems, oh and there's NZ and yes, England who NSW heroically failed to thrash last time they were over. Get a grip and stop looking like such a fool.

i said AT FULL STRENGTH, so when the likes of McGrath were playing....

need i remind you of a small hammering NSW gave England when they were out here - OD but NSW were almost at full strength, almost.

England 206 all out - Irani 81, Hussain 34, McGrath 7 overs 1/15, Lee 2/47, Bracken 2/40, Mcagill 2/34 and Katich 3/46.

NSW 2/211 Slats 115, Bevan 54* and S Waugh 24*, Flintoff 1/55, Harmison 1/42 ( 6 overs)

against SA on their tour here in 2001 an under strength NSW team drew, but looked very likley to win, but who knows. it was a side without many top line players.

ohh and i would really like to see you take a ball off a pretty good length at the SCG and put it into the top teir of the members stand ;)

and dont knock haveing the worlds best leggie, and second best spinner... he takes alot of wickets and can really turn a match in favor of NSW

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
England 206 all out - Irani 81, Hussain 34, McGrath 7 overs 1/15, Lee 2/47, Bracken 2/40, Mcagill 2/34 and Katich 3/46.

NSW 2/211 Slats 115, Bevan 54* and S Waugh 24*, Flintoff 1/55, Harmison 1/42 ( 6 overs)

ohh and i would really like to see you take a ball off a pretty good length at the SCG and put it into the top teir of the members stand ;)
1) Irani scored 81! You must be rubbish.

2) How does that have anything to do with it?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
age_master said:

Didn't Devon Malcolm do that TWICE in 1995?

Oh, wait. That was off Warnie

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
i said AT FULL STRENGTH, so when the likes of McGrath were playing....

need i remind you of a small hammering NSW gave England when they were out here - OD but NSW were almost at full strength, almost.

I note England were at nothing like full strength, and also it was a warm-up game, so what is the relevance to a full-on Test match?

age_master said:
against SA on their tour here in 2001 an under strength NSW team drew, but looked very likley to win, but who knows. it was a side without many top line players.
Came nowhere near a win - you're really talking crap!

SA - 498 all out
NSW - 385-6
SA - 269-5
NSW - 135-2

If that's very likely then I'm just about to fly out to Bangladesh to play in the One Day series.