• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mate they're not going to bat again.

This has been brilliant from Warner. Deserves massive props for the way he's changed his approach. Doing what sehwag couldn't.

I thought his very first test hundred was a similar effort, albeit at home and in conditions that were more conjusive to swing bowling. But in terms of application, cutting down risk and batting for the team etc., think it is not something new for Warner really.

And truth be told, Sehwag has played a similar knock in Adelaide in 2007 too, that last test post Sydney-gate.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Nah he likes a floppy.
Man that makes me love Pete, love the old school floppy. Takes me back to the 90s with Tubby Taylor and Junior.

Fair dos to all in partic Warner but he's got a lot of ***** to make up for so he better go big tomorrow.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Pete would have done well to go off and send a nightwatchman in, but what a dedicated cricketer he is indeed. It was boiling hot out there.
Thanks to their fantastic batting and **** field settings by Mushy, the Aussies ran away with today. The bowlers were to blame, yes, but surely Mushy did not help.
I never liked his Test captaincy, I probably never will. It is Tamim and Shakib who actually took us out of the rut against England in the second test last year and I so badly want Tamim to take charge tomorrow and do something special.
An Aussie lead of 200+ looks to be on the horizon. Bangladesh surely cannot tackle that and set up a target large enough to defend in the fourth innings.
So much for the weather forecast too :wacko:.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
With the humidity the apparent temperature was mid-40s
Yup. At 35°C with 77% humidity it was energy sapping. It's 5:45 PM now in Dhaka, outside is 34°C and it feel like it's over 40°C! You take a shower, walk to the veranda, and then you have to go back in and take another shower! It will only get worse over the next 3 days I reckon. Spare a thought for the players, especially the Aussies, apart from Warner and Maxwell, the rest wouldn't fare too well really.

Spark

Global Moderator
Pete would have done well to go off and send a nightwatchman in, but what a dedicated cricketer he is indeed. It was boiling hot out there.
Thanks to their fantastic batting and **** field settings by Mushy, the Aussies ran away with today. The bowlers were to blame, yes, but surely Mushy did not help.
I never liked his Test captaincy, I probably never will. It is Tamim and Shakib who actually took us out of the rut against England in the second test last year and I so badly want Tamim to take charge tomorrow and do something special.
An Aussie lead of 200+ looks to be on the horizon. Bangladesh surely cannot tackle that and set up a target large enough to defend in the fourth innings.
So much for the weather forecast too :wacko:.
Is it going to be dry, then?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup. At 35°C with 77% humidity it was energy sapping. It's 5:45 PM now in Dhaka, outside is 34°C and it feel like it's over 40°C! You take a shower, walk to the veranda, and then you have to go back in and take another shower! It will only get worse over the next 3 days I reckon. Spare a thought for the players, especially the Aussies, apart from Warner and Maxwell, the rest wouldn't fare too well really.
Yeah it's awful. We get 30-32 degs with 75% humidity on an average afternoon with the sun out and it's horrible. 35+ with that humidity must feel like an oven.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why has cricinfo started calling the person who is called 'Mehedi' on the tv broadcast 'Mehidy'?

Shakib should be fined for appealing against Smith when the ball was only pitching a foot outside leg. Also, is Brendon Julian commentating or are my ears deceiving me?

stephen

Hmmm 35 degreees plus 77% humidity sounds very much like Brisbane in summer. Except we'd expect a big thunderstorm to cool things down in the evening.

stephen

Am I being too harsh by saying that Smith's catch actually should have been Wade's catch?

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Is it going to be dry, then?
For the most part, yes. Even if it rains, when the sun comes out, it will be humid. Very, VERY humid!

Yeah it's awful. We get 30-32 degs with 75% humidity on an average afternoon with the sun out and it's horrible. 35+ with that humidity must feel like an oven.
Yup. And you'd feel like the brownie that was baked wrong :kwasny:.

Why has cricinfo started calling the person who is called 'Mehedi' on the tv broadcast 'Mehidy'?

Shakib should be fined for appealing against Smith when the ball was only pitching a foot outside leg. Also, is Brendon Julian commentating or are my ears deceiving me?
Mehidy is pronounced May-hay-dee, but he spells his name as Mehidy.

You got that correct, that is Brendon Julian doing the commentary alongside Ed Rainsford, Shahriar Nafees, Mehrab Hossain "Jr.", Athar Ali Khan and Shamim Chowdhury. Lots of former players there.

Fun Fact: Speaking of how names are spelled and pronounced, Shakib is actually Sakib. He writes it as Sakib and it is pronounced Sakib. The BCB put his name in the roster as Shakib over a decade ago and it stuck, but he prefers being called Sakib IRL.
Bonus Fact: The BCB has had a ****** tradition of adding "Jr." to the names of players who has the same name as some of those who represented the senior team in ODIs and Tests previously. Thus we have Mehrab Hossain Jr. and Enamul Haque Jr.

Hmmm 35 degreees plus 77% humidity sounds very much like Brisbane in summer. Except we'd expect a big thunderstorm to cool things down in the evening.
Unless the thunderstorm lasts for a good two hours here, the weather won't stay cool for long.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Warner is all grit. You would not believe how many Warner fans are here in Bangladesh. They cheer for him if he gets to a hundred, and then they cheer harder when he gets out. LOL :laugh:!

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
The key to that Warner/Handscombe partnership (until they both got too tired in the last 25 mins) was ensuring no maidens were bowled and constantly scoring off 2-3 deliveries an over. In a funny sort of way, getting constant singles (with occasional boundaries) seemed to mentally drain Bangladesh more than an ultra-aggressive rash of boundaries, especially on a hot day like this. It really seemed to knock the stuffing out of Bangladesh as they seemed to want the day to end as much as Handscombe did.