• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Bangladesh 2017

91Jmay

International Coach
Honours even, Aussies won't like this pitch but Smith can go massive on it. 320 is a decent first innings total.

cnerd123

likes this
So how is the pitch actually playing? Early on people were going on as if it is a shocker but it seems to be playing ok?
I have literally no idea because it's ****ing impossible to watch this.

Seriously, playing cricket when during working hours on Monday and then having the only 2 legal channels broadcasting be exclusive only to the 2 countries playing. This is why test cricket is dying /BrokenRecordRant

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good thing they flew over SOK. Would have really struggled without him!

No seriously he's probably going through alcohol withdrawal (which can be genuinely debilitating). Maxwell could have done a better job.

I have literally no idea because it's ****ing impossible to watch this.

Seriously, playing cricket when during working hours on Monday and then having the only 2 legal channels broadcasting be exclusive only to the 2 countries playing. This is why test cricket is dying /BrokenRecordRant
Nah keep going with it. The more you rant about it the more likely you might influence others to rant as well and the more likely someone will do something about it.

Aritro

International Regular
Anyone have an idea how Cartwright might fare against our spinners on this pitch?

Hoping he'll be (relatively) easy pickings in his first SC outing.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Can't believe they went into a test match thinking it would be a good idea to play Pat ****ing Cummins as the lone fast bowler. No wonder these guys are always hurt.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
"Oye! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck."

Been a while since I have posted here. The weather makes things interesting as there is meant to be rain and scattered thundershowers at least one or twice everyday for the next four days in Chittagong.

Knowing Bangladesh, their target should be to get to 275 first, then 300, then 320 and if possible beyond.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/bd/chittagong/27822/daily-weather-forecast/27822?day=5

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone have an idea how Cartwright might fare against our spinners on this pitch?

No idea actually, but for some reason I have a vivid image of him having his stumps splattered after playing back and bring his bat down and across at a horrible angle.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain
Can't believe they went into a test match thinking it would be a good idea to play Pat ****ing Cummins as the lone fast bowler. No wonder these guys are always hurt.
Well, Bangladesh went in with only Mustafizur Rahman. I guess they would use Soumya a couple of times if needed to bowl his dibley-dobleys when needed.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Pretty remarkable turnaround for Lyon in Asia this year after his struggles in the 2013-2016 period. He really seems to be relishing being leader of the attack for the first time in his career; with this self-belief who knows how many Test wickets he could end up with.

That was strangely atypical bowling from O'Keefe with slow, loopy and fullish deliveries constantly. I'm guessing it was to provide a point of difference with the other spinners but flight doesn't seem his speciality and it just didn't work.

Cartwright's bowling reminded me of a slower version of Shane Watson at the start of his Test career; ball doesn't deviate one centimetre from the hand and on pitches like this isn't much of a threat. Still, Watson developed into a fine swing bowler and Cartwright I think can develop that too with his action.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I really like Cartwright as a young bat (ignoring his bowling entirely) and I think he'll forge a spot in this team within the next couple of years.. but his technique isn't suited to playing spin at all yet. I'd have more confidence in him against Philander on Day 1 in South Africa than I would against Taijul here, and Taijul's only the third best spinner Bangladesh have playing.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Speaking of Taijul, he might be effective in this pitch as he made his entire career playing on these sorts of pitches. If that makes sense