• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia A vs England

anzac

International Debutant
sorry guys but I think the thing that is pissing people off with these 'discussions' is the fact that they do not follow the original topic of the thread, and become repetitive throughout the forum!!!!!

e.g. - this thread was supposed to be about Australia A V England - not Australia V India!!!!!!

;)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by anzac
sorry guys but I think the thing that is pissing people off with these 'discussions' is the fact that they do not follow the original topic of the thread, and become repetitive throughout the forum!!!!!

e.g. - this thread was supposed to be about Australia A V England - not Australia V India!!!!!!

;)
Hehehe only cause your Aussie ;)

Hehehe nah, good point :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year

;)
Yeah Well said...

Im getting very sick of coming into the forum to read the threads on the Aussies and finding half of the posts having something to do with India...
If i wanted to read about India then i would go to the India thread....

Either some people are illiterate and they cannot read the titles of the threads, or they are here to cause trouble....

I personally think that all posts not regarding the topic at hand should be deleted rather than close the thread, which only effects the people that post correctly.....

James

Cricket Web Owner
Very good point 'Gregory Blewett' - will advice moderators...

Neil is correct - anymore of this and banning of certain members will occur. You have been warned...

[Edited on 17/11/2002 by James]

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
Originally posted by Neil Pickup
Originally posted by warrioryohannan

I think Sports.com was a good site.

Anyway, i'm not going to enter into heated discussions with anyone, its of no use and it disturbs everyone!
I think that discussing Sports.com has no relevance in Cricket Chat.

A_B - As shown in numerous other threads, we're very, very close to breaking point and there will be a rash of closures and bans soon unless people start proper discussions (note - this does not mean state and restate the same point with bad jokes) instead of irrelevant comments.
Locking down threads is not the solution...you gotta warn the people who spoil the discussion and even ban them if they keep on doing it.Maybe delete their posts but closing down the whole thread is like punishing everybody else too, who wanted to really talk about the topic in a sane manner.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I believe that if the original thread is closed, then there's no problem with opening a new one on the same topic. Is that right James?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Well it seems all I have to do is say something and I've got half of India telling me I haven't got a clue...
I'm sorry, but if you can't see where you're at fault in these threads you must have selective sight.

Choora

State Regular
Now that Marty Love have come up with such an awesome display against England, do you guys think that Love sould be given a chance against england in a test match???

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
Well it seems all I have to do is say something and I've got half of India telling me I haven't got a clue...
I'm sorry, but if you can't see where you're at fault in these threads you must have selective sight.
Hmmmmm how would you like it if you said to some guy that you thought his g/f wasn't that good looking and suddenly he punched your lights out? Well all I gotta say is the magic words of "Zaheer ain't the best left armer in World Cricket" and suddenly I have half of India on my back telling me I am an idiot. Think about it...:yawn::yawn::yawn:

nehrafan

Banned
Originally posted by Choora

Now that Marty Love have come up with such an awesome display against England, do you guys think that Love sould be given a chance against england in a test match???
And who do you suppose should be dropped from the Aussie team so that Love can be accomodated???

anzac

International Debutant
Rik - I know where you're coming from & your frustrations - I copped a bit of stick from the 'terrace element' a few months ago re the India / Pakistan thing that shall not be mentioned further!!!!!

All I can say is dazzle them with the brilliance and baffle them with the b/s - but try not to let them drag you off the topic of the thread mate......

(and for the record I'm not an Aussie.....but I'm happy to be here and admire their great team!!!!)

As for Marty Love - yep he's got to be at the top of the list along with Maher, so long as their form continues. Another player in this list is Clarke. The player to be replaced is S Waugh whom I think will announce his retirement at the end of this Ashes series. Other contenders are Lehman with Langer as a dark horse. Love / Maher could get their chance in the series either thru injury, or if the series is won after game 3 & Steve / Lehman has not produced with the bat!!!!!

;););)

I have been watching this whole drama, and would say that Rik himself have not been Mr Clean himself, calling others as "real Pain" and then playing innocent !

If you guys wanna get out of mess then stop discussing your problems with each others on board , you can do that via emails!

Now get back to cricket

:(!

James

Cricket Web Owner
I believe that if the original thread is closed, then there's no problem with opening a new one on the same topic. Is that right James?
Exactly right Marc. Perfectly ok opening another topic on the same subject if the original one was closed.

Now as onemangang said let's get back to cricket. Any more messages discussing this on the boards will be removed by moderators.

anzac

International Debutant
congradulations to Keys for scoring his highest 1st class total - 174 n.o.

unfortunately I do not think it is enough for him to gain selection for the 2nd Test as the bowling is more of a problem for England than the batting is at the moment!!!!

;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Choora

I can't see it happening in this series, now they've selected Lehmann they will stick with him for the whole series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
congradulations to Keys for scoring his highest 1st class total - 174 n.o.

unfortunately I do not think it is enough for him to gain selection for the 2nd Test as the bowling is more of a problem for England than the batting is at the moment!!!!

;)
Depends on the seriousness of Crawley's injury.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
Brilliant knock by Robbie Key!! In my opinion he's selected himself!
Yes but who??? I mean Crawley was one of the few batsmen to show any fight in the last Test and it would be harsh to drop him especially after he just helped save the game before retiring hurt...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
One way to put him in the side would be to drop the all-rounder (Flintoff/White) as neither are contributing much with bat or ball, and go in with:

Trescothick
Vaughan
Butcher
Hussain
Key
Crawley
Stewart
Giles
Caddick
Hoggard
Harmison/Silverwood/Tudor

This accentuates the batting 'strength' but puts a lot of pressure on the Four Bowlers (+ Butcher & Vaughan if used) to get it right.

One thing Key has proved is that he's not just an opener!