• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Asia Cup 2016

cnerd123

likes this
> Put four fielders in the deep on the legside
> Bowl short and wide outside off
> Nohit pulls it to the man at deep midwicket

Glorious

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's really so hard to pinpoint what Pandya should work on most right after the WT20. Should he try to get more accurate with the ball so he command the ODI #7 spot as an allrounder? Should he refine his batting technique to push for a spot more as a batsman in the ODI finishing role? Should he work on his defence and look to move the ball more in a push for a long-term Test place? Should he just keep trying to be as good a T20 player as possible for the time being by mastering his hitting and working on variations within his bowling?

Realistically it'll be all of the above in different quantities, but it's hard to say what his top priority will/should be.

cnerd123

likes this
It's really so hard to pinpoint what Pandya should work on most right after the WT20. Should he try to get more accurate with the ball so he command the ODI #7 spot as an allrounder? Should he refine his batting technique to push for a spot more as a batsman in the ODI finishing role? Should he work on his defence and look to move the ball more in a push for a long-term Test place? Should he just keep trying to be as good a T20 player as possible for the time being by mastering his hitting and working on variations within his bowling?

Realistically it'll be all of the above in different quantities, but it's hard to say what his top priority will/should be.
I think the management will want him to be the allrounder for the 2019 WC, batting 7 and being the 3rd/4th quick. So thats what he should work towards. Work on his allround batting game a bit more, add some more control and a variation or two with the ball...should be fine.

After 2019 he can start pushing for a Test spot.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

I think the management will want him to be the allrounder for the 2019 WC, batting 7 and being the 3rd/4th quick. So thats what he should work towards. Work on his allround batting game a bit more, add some more control and a variation or two with the ball...should be fine.

He's a really bad bowler. Nailing ODI no. 7 spot will take at least one year imo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Yeah, I think I agree. His role in the ODI team will be middle overs batting and late innings hitting. I think the aspect of his game that's furthest away from where they'd want it to be for that would be his bowling control, so he'll probably work on that the most. With the ball he's going to be primarily bowling through the middle; for that you need to be accurate above all else and he's just not at the moment.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, bud.

Highlights from the past month?
Jord and the Kiwaahs, people ignoring Daemon, Pratters gettinng trolled, Albi is a barefoot running hippy, KV is PEWS when stoned, we all learnt more about Mankads (did you know Briyani Pillow is an umpire?), and we have a couple of new memes.

I think thats all. Oh and OS trying too hard to be cool. But thats just usual for him.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jord and the Kiwaahs, people ignoring Daemon, Pratters gettinng trolled, Albi is a barefoot running hippy, KV is PEWS when stoned, we all learnt more about Mankads (did you know Briyani Pillow is an umpire?), and we have a couple of new memes.

I think thats all. Oh and OS trying too hard to be cool. But thats just usual for him.
Don't leave out the lame ***** vs hurricane catfight.

Oh and atleast I try :(

cnerd123

likes this
OH RIGHT yea I made Hurricane cry. That was fun. Go scour the NZ/Aus thread

Lol Mithun. Didn't look good at all that innings.