• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Africa Cup of Nations

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Routine win for Egypt in the end. Now can my beloved home nation win their second ever Afcon match against Algeria. I have to stay up till midnight in a crowded tv room to find out :mad:

andmark

International Captain
I'm assuming it has to do with wanting the opening ceremony to take place in the dark. But if this will be a common start time it will be ridiculous.
Routine win for Egypt in the end. Now can my beloved home nation win their second ever Afcon match against Algeria. I have to stay up till midnight in a crowded tv room to find out :mad:
****, it actually is a regular time to start a match for this tournament. Farcical timing. You'll get millions of children not being allowed to watch their team in an important match because midnight matches sounded cool to the organisers.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Figured that I should point out that here on campus there are very vocal contingents of Congolese, Ugandan and Nigerian students. Just realised watching the fans will be as much fan as watching the games.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya v. tanzania an early contender for game of the tournament. Nothing like a scrappy refional derby to get the goals flowing

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
D day for Kenya dn Senegal. I want the two teams to shake hands on a draw, but when will Wanyama ever get to avenge himself agains Sadio Mane for the Champions league final again?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya now sweating on two of Ghana, Tunisia, Angola and Benin losing to make their first ever appearance in the knock out stages of AfCON

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Figured that I should point out that here on campus there are very vocal contingents of Congolese, Ugandan and Nigerian students. Just realised watching the fans will be as much fan as watching the games.
Kenya and Tanzania out, Congo(somehow), Uganda, Nigeria through to the round of 16. Fun times in the TV room.

Bahseph

State Captain
SA getting through to the knockouts is a real bonus for us. Don't see us beating Egypt though.