• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Africa Cup of Nations

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Between the CwC, the Ashes and Nations league, Africa's second oldest, and believe it or not best organised international football tournament is happening. For the first time East Africa has 4 representatives Don't really have any favorites. Egypt the hosts and among the favorites in what should be a really open tournament

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
a little bit more flesh to this thread nw that I am working off a computer

Fixtures

Group A

Egypt vs Zimbabwe
21 June 2019
22:00
Cairo International Stadium, Cairo

DR Congo vs Uganda
22 June 2019
16:30

Uganda vs Zimbabwe
26 June 2019
19:00

Egypt vs DR Congo

26 June 2019

Uganda vs Egypt
30 June 2019
21:00

Zimbabwe vs DR Congo
30 June 2019

30 June Stadium, Cairo

Egypt the favorites to go through but the rest of the group looks really open to me DRC vs Uganda should be fun

Group B

Nigeria vs Burundi
22 June 2019
Alexandria Stadium, Alexandria

Guinea vs Madagascar
22 June 2019

Nigeria vs Guinea
26 June 2019

Madagascar vs Burundi
27 June 2019

Madagascar vs Nigeria
30 June 2019
18:00

Burundi vs Guinea
30 June 2019
Al Salam Stadium, Cairo

Nigeria's group to lose. Gyuinea's tournament experience should also see them through

Group C

Senegal vs Tanzania
23 June 2019
30 June Stadium, Cairo

Algeria vs Kenya
23 June 2019
30 June Stadium, Cairo

Senegal vs Algeria
27 June 2019
30 June Stadium, Cairo

Kenya vs Tanzania
27 June 2019
30 June Stadium, Cairo

Kenya vs Senegal
1 July 2019
30 June Stadium, Cairo

Tanzania vs Algeria
1 July 2019
Al Salam Stadium, Cairo

As a Kenyan I want to throw a tantrum about how this draw is more proof of CAF's anti East Africa bias. Hard to either Kenya or Tanzania getting past Senegal or Algeria. Would love it though...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Group D

Morocco vs Namibia
23 June 2019
Al Salam Stadium, Cairo

Ivory Coast vs South Africa
24 June 2019
Al Salam Stadium, Cairo

Morocco vs Ivory Coast
28 June 2019
Al Salam Stadium, Cairo

South Africa vs Namibia
28 June 2019
Al Salam Stadium, Cairo

South Africa vs Morocco
1 July 2019
Al Salam Stadium, Cairo

Namibia vs Ivory Coast
1 July 2019
30 June Stadium, Cairo

Are Bafana Bafana back? That will decide how open this group is.

Group E

Tunisia vs Angola
24 June 2019
Suez Stadium, Suez

Mali vs Mauritania
24 June 2019
Suez Stadium, Suez

Tunisia vs Mali

28 June 2019
Suez Stadium, Suez

Mauritania vs Angola
29 June 2019
Suez Stadium, Suez

Mauritania vs Tunisia
2 July 2019
Suez Stadium, Suez

Angola vs Mali

2 July 2019
Ismailia Stadium, Ismailia

Asider from Tunisia can't really say for sure who should be afavorite for a top two place. Mauritania the only obvious 'weaklings' as this is their first major tournament

Group F

Cameroon vs Guinea-Bissau
25 June 2019

Ghana vs Benin
25 June 2019

Cameroon vs Ghana
29 June 2019

Benin vs Guinea-Bissau
29 June 2019

Benin vs Cameroon
2 July 2019

Guinea-Bissau vs Ghana
2 July 2019
Suez Stadium, Suez

You would normally call this a straight shoot out between AfCon heavyweights Cameroon and Ghana, what with their 9 (or is it 10) Cup of Nations titles between them. Yet both teams have been facing some really ard times recently, so you never know

Bahseph

State Captain
Wil be following this. Honestly don't know how South Africa will go these days. We have some quality players, but in physically demanding games we can't cut it.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Wil be following this. Honestly don't know how South Africa will go these days. We have some quality players, but in physically demanding games we can't cut it.
Ivory Coast have also seen better days. so who knows?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Very likely if the matches are played in the daytime. Most of the fixtures are evening to night time

andmark

International Captain
Seeings as I've seen lots of fans from African countries cheering their Liverpool players in LFC matches, I guess I'm obliged to follow. Come on the Redmen's countries!

MrPrez

International Debutant
The unstoppable force versus the immovable object. Batman versus Superman. Laurel versus Hardy. A clash for the ages.
I enjoyed how he was hilariously overrated in Football Manager. Sure, he was dominant in the PSL but the PSL is about League 1 quality. Yet he was good enough to play for top-7 English teams.

Anyway, Zimbabwe aren't as bad as many would possibly expect.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Haven't really been following but I'm not sure there can ever be a legitimate favourite. African football is pretty inconsistent.
Who are the favourites this time round?
The likes of Egypt, Cameroon, and Nigeria are normally always there or thereabouts. Plus Ghana had won AfCon 4 times before they qualified for their first World Cup. They should be a dark horse

andmark

International Captain
That's a good point. I was peeved with it being at 21:00 UK time but assumed it was for the sake of African countries. The fact that many African countries actually have it worse than the UK's time is astounding.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I'm assuming it has to do with wanting the opening ceremony to take place in the dark. But if this will be a common start time it will be ridiculous.