• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

Teja.

Global Moderator
Why? I’m really looking forward to it. I know with Covid it wasn’t exactly what people wanted but IMO it’s a really nice idea.
I like the idea but things like docking teams points for overrates etc really ****s with its appeal for me.

Jack1

International Debutant
Pathetic display from England. Can’t believe they got bundled out again sub 200. Pretty sure India could have picked two more batsmen for the seamers past few games. No need for the seamers when England were crumbling to spin. 3 spinner attack was enough and then the winning margins would have been even bigger

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
When do india play again? Is their next game the June WTC final?
We have the LO series against England starting next week. 5 T20Is and 3 ODIs. Then the next game for India is the WTC final. We will have the IPL in between that.

For England, I dont think they should start making wholesale changes. They were definitely in the games more than it shows but it also often happens in lower scoring series. The issue for them is the fact that the ones who did well are like already greats and we know how good they are. I still think Crawley is very good and if neither Pope nor Lawrence are top order batters, they should not force fit them to 3 or whatever. Maybe this is the way they should go for their home season.

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root (c)
Stokes
Pope / Lawrence
Buttler / Foakes / Bairstow (wk)
Woakes / S Curran
Leach
Broad / Anderson
Stone / Wood / Archer

Archer's injury is a worry and if they insist on the attack set up being one medium fast and one fast bowler and they feel the need to have some batting back up at 8, the above is the one they should play. But if it were upto me, I would play both Broad and Anderson and ask Leach to bat at 8 and play the 3rd seamer as the fast bowler. Woakes can come in if Broad or Anderson are injured/out of form.

The real issue is the fact that there is no top order batsman who has emerged apart from Crawley. But still, having a good attacking batsman at #3 is something most other sides around the world do not have and is a point of difference. I hope they don't do something silly and mess around with him.

sunilz

International Regular
I don't like the idea of same teams playing back to back Test series.

There should have been atleast 1 year gap.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah sorry I don’t count the LO stuff. I meant Tests. It’ll definitely be very interesting.
We have next to no long format prep for IPL players. The players will have a few days off after IPL and then fly out to England and have around a week to prepare.

Hardly ideal, but I doubt NZ have much prep either.