• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 4th Test at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, 4 - 8 Mar 2021

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feel bad for Pope here, he's trying so hard but he's going to get goosed so awfully.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He is moving his feet a lot, but is not actually getting to the pitch of the ball, or hitting it on top of the bounce when playing back. Its odd. Its like talking a lot and saying nothing. (In b4 dats what my posts are)

Shri

Mr. Glass
He is moving his feet a lot, but is not actually getting to the pitch of the ball, or hitting it on top of the bounce when playing back. Its odd. Its like talking a lot and saying nothing. (In b4 dats what my posts are)
his stance is like pant hitting sixes and falling over

he is going to tunnel into the pitch if he crouches any harder

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
@karan_fromthestands and @silentstriker day-night tests are not ICC screwing around. Its a legitimately good idea that will add to the viewership and make test cricket a bit more viable. But it is on the individual countries to figure out how best to conduct them, what grounds-pitches etc. And it is a learning process for everyone involved, including the curators. I am sure the next time we play a day-night test in this ground, the pitch will be better prepared. Everyone is working off unknowns there. We have not had a day-night test on a turner before.
I can agree with that. Certainly giving some more time would be the right thing. But since pink ball cricket is purely there to increase viewership, aren't there other ways to do it? Can't we have "all" tests start on a Friday? That's 3-days of good viewership and crowds in the stadium right there, pretty much the same amount of time pink-ball tests last. And if the game gets interesting on Days 4 and 5, we'll definitely have more people following the game. Pink ball is a "huge" change from traditional tests tbh, that's my only issue. We can come up with something that can be implemented in every game without changing the nature of the game, instead of 1 pink-ball game a series.

cnerd123

likes this
A big reason for D/N tests is to let people come down and watch in person after work/school. It also means you can broadcast Tests to other countries at time-zones that work better, so more appealing for broadcasters and advertisers. It also means you can have multiple matches in the same time-zone on the same day with less overlap, so less splitting of the market, though I'm not sure how much that factors into the scheduling process.

Should definitely start all Tests on Thursday/Friday.

social

I really am surprised they didn’t set themselves to not be beaten on the inside edge as the default. Not taking away from the bowling but when you’re 50 odd not you’re expecting to get something on that. I really don’t know if they’ve even gone about putting a deal of thought into batting plans for this game. They just seem borderline not to GAF
Smith scored a mountain of runs in India by simply protecting his stumps

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Interesting England line-up today. Not such an interesting score though.
Tbh. I got up and checked the score and we were 81/4. Rolled my eyes and awaited 120ao.

Went downstairs for coffee and saw the 'to bat' list. Why not, I guess. Not seen a ball yet and likely won't until tomorrow. If the pitch is anything like the first test then getting to 250 would put us in the game. How is it?

Gnske

sorry but dan lawrence looks like an extra in a production

the type of character who'd ask "orders, sir?" and that'd be his only line in an episode/movie
Yeah, an extra in Trainspotting.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbh. I got up and checked the score and we were 81/4. Rolled my eyes and awaited 120ao.

Went downstairs for coffee and saw the 'to bat' list. Why not, I guess. Not seen a ball yet and likely won't until tomorrow. If the pitch is anything like the first test then getting to 250 would put us in the game. How is it?
Don't think it's done much for the spinners. 250 won't be a good score imo.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
A big reason for D/N tests is to let people come down and watch in person after work/school. It also means you can broadcast Tests to other countries at time-zones that work better, so more appealing for broadcasters and advertisers. It also means you can have multiple matches in the same time-zone on the same day with less overlap, so less splitting of the market, though I'm not sure how much that factors into the scheduling process.

Should definitely start all Tests on Thursday/Friday.
Gotta say day tests from India are a perfect timezone for NZ (yuuuuge market here I know) but Indian day-nighters are terrible.