• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Great Birtannia said:
We finally produce a pitch that England might actually be able to take 20 wickets on (I guess we won't know now because of another spineless batting performance) and that is the thanks we get from the pommies...
It's not a particulaly good pitch you know, soft pitches are never good. Get it green/hard, which means good for seamers, or dry/hard, which is good for seamers and spinners. Anything slow/soft is just crap tbh.

howardj

International Coach
Langer really needs a score before the Series is out. He's averaging about 35 in his last 10 Test matches. With Australia likely playing no more Test cricket until November (by which time JL will be 37, and Hayden 36) I think it's highly likely that he'll be tapped on the shoulder unless the runs flow in Sydney.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
He scored 180 runs in Brisbane having been dismissed once. But yeah, runs in Sydney are needed.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hoggy looks to be bowling quicker than I've seen him of late, if Sky's speed gun to be believed.

Hussey may be a bit fortunate on that LBW too. Enough doubt just for me tho.

-CC-

Cricket Spectator
For one second, I was worried that England might just win this match. But then I realised....who cares! Australia have already won the series! :laugh:

cameeel

International Captain
Hayden looking very streaky.

A bit like Bell, looks like he could get out on almost every ball yet has still made it to a good score.