• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 4th Test at the MCG

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
honestly couldn't believe warne just now. I know it's his shtick but this tactic from england was extremely effective and warner did look like being bored out
Haha yeah they tried to get him 'properly' early on and he hit them everywhere; then they adopted a defensive tactic for a few overs and he played a shot he'd completely shelved early in the series to get caught (not)out to a noball, only to get out again four runs later.

Warne's take: Root's field placings since Warner got to 50 have been horrible.

GTFO.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Haha, Warne trying to justify his views by saying that wicket delivery was “at the stumps”. Just can’t admit England were right in their defensive tactics.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Haha yeah they tried to get him 'properly' early on and he hit them everywhere; then they adopted a defensive tactic for a few overs and he played a shot he'd completely shelved early in the series to get caught (not)out to a noball, only to get out again four runs later.

Warne's take: Root's field placings since Warner got to 50 have been horrible.

GTFO.
Warne's new take: Khawaja's fault for defensive batting.

Couldn't make it up.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Tbf I agree with Warne on that; Khawaja’s inability to get some quick singles and play out maidens endlessly doesn’t help the momentum of the innings. Needed to step up when Warner was being slowed down with England’s tactics.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm sensing a weird Steve Smith innings
Spark's in the thread so it'll certainly end up described as weird in some way, regardless. :ph34r:
More seriously though, I wasn't reading this thread earlier because the first couple of pages made me angry -- did anyone end up posting up the press conference with Smith saying he may have to change his technique for this match due to his hand injury?

That could make it weird.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warne's new take: Khawaja's fault for defensive batting.

Couldn't make it up.
guys everything warne is saying makes sense - Warner's strike rate went down because of Usman and Anderson got that wicket because he was "at the stumps" via bowling it from around the wicket and pitching it way outside off

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
First time I’ve heard Ian Chappell say his ‘go back to back foot no-ball rule’ for about a decade. He and Benaud used to dish that up every season.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Khawaja’s scoring rate is meh tbf. Fmd a 1/100 start and he’s batting like it was 4/40.