• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

sunilz

International Regular
How was the pitch "unfair" though? Unfair for batsmen, maybe but it was the same for both sides :laugh:
It was unfair for England tbh. They simply don't have the spinners like Ashwin, Axar and their batsmen are worse against spin than ours . So there was always going to be 1 result.

White Ball

State 12th Man
He's obviously not the most eloquent but I'm finding him a pretty good pundit in general. There was a TMS podcast during the 2nd Test with a segment of Michael Vaughan tediously repeating the same talking point for about 20 minutes, contrasted with a much shorter Cook segment that provided a far more considered analysis.

TMS really need to stop giving that clown all the airtime.
I really like Vaughan I find him quite a fair and knowledgeable pundit

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It was unfair for England tbh. They simply don't have the spinners like Ashwin, Axar and their batsmen are worse against spin than ours . So there was always going to be 1 result.
Yeah but you are describing literally every SENA wicket till we got a decent pace attack too, then. :laugh:

sunilz

International Regular
Whole world outside subcontinent has been unfair to India up until 5 years ago.
We just won a heroic series in Aus which earned us praise worldwide and many neutrals also started supporting us.

Series win like this turn lot of neutral fans away and doesn't befit a no.1 side.

Last edited:

Kilowatt

School Boy/Girl Captain
If it was the plastic coating of the pink ball that made some skid on then that would make some sense. I've never seen a pitch where there was such an extreme difference where a ball would absolutely rip like crazy out of nowhere, and the next ball would behave as if the pitch was an entirely placid road, with no real rhyme or reason behind which ball would do what.
There was a perfectly good reason for that. The balls that were not turning sharply were being darted into the pitch at ~95kmh, while the balls that were gripping and spitting were coming in at ~85kmh. All the spinners to some extent took advantage of that, most of all Axar with his natural speed being ~100kmh. There were no shooters and very rarely did any ball rear up from length.

The pitch wasn't perfect especially with the bowlers foothole but it wasn't a dustbowl. Swann at the start of the match showed the state of the ball after 15 overs and the seam had somehow become even more pronounced than it was anew and had naturally become softer making it perfect for gripping the surface. Root maybe a part-timer but his seam presentation was perfect. No wobble and nearly every ball landed on the seam. That combined with no great players of spin on either side is what produced this result.

Neptune

State Vice-Captain
Indian cricket should just be deleted after that disgusting pitch. I mean 2 days? Joe root taking 5-8? Non stop spin bowling all day, 17 wickets in not even 1 days play. If I wanted to watch that much spin I wouldve stared at my washing machine all day. The ICC should rate the pitch ‘a disgrace’ to be perfectly honest. Hang your head in shame BCCI.