• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that’s great from Kohli as a leading voice in cricket to openly talk about such issues. From an Indian POV it’s massively needed because those sorts of conversations are often taboo.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think that’s great from Kohli as a leading voice in cricket to openly talk about such issues. From an Indian POV it’s massively needed because those sorts of conversations are often taboo.
Exactly what I posted in the Mental Health thread with the same link. I am starting to get the feeling the guys who are finding fault with this interview, just want to hate the guy come what may. This is such a taboo subject that it is good it is being brought up in this way by someone like Virat.

aitorita12

Cricket Spectator
I have seen lots of praise for Gill and Pant over the last few weeks. However, it is important to note that this is Test cricket, not T20 cricket. India would do well to bench Gill and Pant, so that they learn the Test temperament. Anyday, I would prefer a Pujara 70(255) over a Gill/Pant 35(35).

aitorita12

Cricket Spectator
I sort of agree with Gill, supremely talented but a bit of time on the sidelines won't be a problem for him imo- and India have good back up in Agarwal and KL Rahul. Dropping Pant is nonsensical though
How is it nonsensical? Pant is a T20 cricketer. He is an IPL superstar, so let him remain an IPL superstar. He shouldnt be playing test cricket for India. Saha's experience is too valuable.

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
How is it nonsensical? Pant is a T20 cricketer. He is an IPL superstar, so let him remain an IPL superstar. He shouldnt be playing test cricket for India. Saha's experience is too valuable.
Have you seen Pants Test average you thick clown? Have you seen the innings he made in Australia?
He has more test hundreds outside of Asia than Dhoni already!

What would have happened if Saha played the last 2 tests in Australia, Saha cant bat away from home and Pant has been brilliant away from home.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Exactly what I posted in the Mental Health thread with the same link. I am starting to get the feeling the guys who are finding fault with this interview, just want to hate the guy come what may. This is such a taboo subject that it is good it is being brought up in this way by someone like Virat.
Yaa, my bad. Mental health is no joke. Will delete my post. It's just that in a nation where we see common folks suffering and struggling for survival on a daily basis, most battles that people with prosperity face look small(but sometimes they aren't). But I agree I am wrong on this one. Kohli coming out and speaking about these things will only inspire and encourage others who look up to him, it is a very positive thing.

Last edited:

Chrish

International Debutant
Have you seen Pants Test average you thick clown? Have you seen the innings he made in Australia?
He has more test hundreds outside of Asia than Dhoni already!

What would have happened if Saha played the last 2 tests in Australia, Saha cant bat away from home and Pant has been brilliant away from home.
Pant should find a way to tip over every game and let Saha take over the glove.