• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at the Sardar Patel Sports Complex, Ahmedabad, 24 - 28 Feb 2021

sunilz

International Regular
What is the World record for consecutive < 200 scores.
ENG are on 5 now.
IND couldn't score 200 even once on 2002 NZ tour(4).

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
When do they release how the Match Referee rated the pitch?
He has six options - Very Good, Good, Average, Below Average, Poor, Unfit.
The last three options means demerit points for the stadium. I would have thought his choice would have to be at best below average.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
When do they release how the Match Referee rated the pitch?
He has six options - Very Good, Good, Average, Below Average, Poor, Unfit.
The last three options means demerit points for the stadium. I would have thought his choice would have to be at best below average.
There should be an option to issue demerit points for terrible batting as well..

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
While we all keep discussing the pitch, I am wondering if it is even worth using the Pink ball in games played in the SC, especially India. With the dew factor, visibility issues(which happens everywhere), and the ball randomly skidding more than expected due to the extra lacquer on the ball, it's just too much for the batsmen. I still think that this pitch was not as bad as it is made out to be. I would call the pitch average, definitely not "good", but average. But the pink ball with the extra lacquer as pointed out by Root seems to be a major issues IMO.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
While we all keep discussing the pitch, I am wondering if it is even worth using the Pink ball in games played in the SC, especially India. With the dew factor, visibility issues(which happens everywhere), and the ball randomly skidding more than expected due to the extra lacquer on the ball, it's just too much for the batsmen. I still think that this pitch was not as bad as it is made out to be. I would call the pitch average, definitely not "good", but average. But the pink ball with the extra lacquer as pointed out by Root seems to be a major issues IMO.
We have more issues than, say, a country like Australia or New Zealand does, hosting the pink ball test in the summer, when the fact remains we just about never play tests in our actual summer in India. One thing that should definitely happen, if Sourav is really serious about ensuring pink ball and day-night tests become permanent fixtures in India, is to play more pink ball day-night FC games. And the fact remains, we have played little to none.

Flem274*

123/5
pink ball is quite possible in india if the deck is flat imo. i actually like it offering assistance to both the quicks and the spinners, that's fun. now we know indian pink ball tests don't need helpful decks to ensure a result.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Good to see Athers agree with my point that how playing spin is fast becoming a lost art due to DRS.

Actually I'd say Indian players in particular have become all messed up in their minds due to the sheer focus on IPL and T20s. I reiterate.my prediction that Indian batting will go downhill from here fairly quickly and be an absolute shambles by 2030, with batsmen only able to play on true tracks. While generally they have become much more adept playing fast bowling, bounce and the cut and pull, they are regressing on other fronts.

Wouldn't be surprised if BCCI starts to focus on preparing true pitches like Australia from here on. A shame really. Instead the harder but fairer route will be to have DRS enabled in all U19 and Ranji games, pr give strict instruction to umpires to err on side of bowlers in terms of lbws to make players do the adjustments at the lower level itself and build core muscle memory. For now, the mess up is all evident with players thus far being taught to push out their pads, suddenly forced to unlearn all that decade of learning and trying to play with the bat, not to mention the reluctance to come down the pitch.

In short, ensure that only the best of the best of hundreds of millions make it to the national side - Have a Marines like culture and selection strategy. Enough of tolerating mediocrity like Lolhane.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
pink ball is quite possible in india if the deck is flat imo. i actually like it offering assistance to both the quicks and the spinners, that's fun. now we know indian pink ball tests don't need helpful decks to ensure a result.
Nah, we play in winter most of the time, dew is a real issue and concern. If the pitch is also flat, the 3rd session will become heaven for batsmen.