• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 13 - 17 Feb 2021

Window

U19 Debutant
Think that was Kohli and Pant asking Axar (or one of the fielders?) which leg front/back the ball hit before reviewing. To which th response was they didn't see. It's interesting hearing all th stump mic chat.

Spark

Global Moderator
This reminds me a lot of the England vs Pakistan UAE tour back in 2012. They just all decided they were going to sweep no matter what, even if it wasn't actually on for the deliveries they were sweeping.

cnerd123

likes this
Think that was Kohli and Pant asking Axar (or one of the fielders?) which leg front/back the ball hit before reviewing. To which th response was they didn't see. It's interesting hearing all th stump mic chat.
Pant said that if it hit the front pad it's not out. Good call

Kullu gets a wicket!

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Having a leggie so useful if he can pitch it decently. You can practically sense through the screen the work Kuldeep's putting on the ball. On a pitch like this that ball's going to be fizzing like a top.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
So could India consider playing a combination of 3 + 1 (fast + spin bowlers) in the pink ball test given that the only pink test in india before- had india taking all 20 wickets with fast bowlers? 3+2 may not be necessary but would India still go with 3+2?

I mean there's going to be dew in the evenings (tough on spinners) and pitch definitely won't be like what we have seen here so probably worthwhile to go with 3+1?

cnerd123

likes this
So could India consider playing a combination of 3 + 1 (fast + spin bowlers) in the pink ball test given that the only pink test in india before- had india taking all 20 wickets with fast bowlers? 3+2 may not be necessary but would India still go with 3+2?

I mean there's going to be dew in the evenings (tough on spinners) and pitch definitely won't be like what we have seen here so probably worthwhile to go with 3+1?
Gonna be hard to drop Axar after this test but I reckon they need to do it. 3 quicks + Ashwin + Sundar to strengthen the batting and act as 5th bowler.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Any chance pandya might play in that test? Shami returning is definitely good news though i don't really know whom we will play with bumrah resting this one.

sunilz

International Regular
What if we prepare dry wicket for D/N test ?
Do we still need 3 quicks then ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 38150

Like his batting he has a way of doing his keeping. Let him be him as long as results are effective.

You can't keep like this to Ashwin and Co. If you lack basics.
Agreed.. The guy obviously is a match winner with bat.. So even if his keeping is at acceptable level (dont miss an obvious stumping chance, drop a a simple catch), he is okay. reallistically, who else we have? Saha at the end of his career not worth going back.. DK is same, sanju no where near test level..

cnerd123

likes this
Any chance pandya might play in that test? Shami returning is definitely good news though i don't really know whom we will play with bumrah resting this one.
Don't think Pandya is fit to bowl yet. Shami might sit out to get more recovery time - Siraj and Ishant are bowling well and haven't had much to do this game, and Bumrah is definitely returning.

What is we prepare dry wicket for D/N test ?
Do we still need 3 quicks then ?
What's the Ahemdebad pitch usually like?

We also don't know how the Pink SG ball will behave, both normally and under lights. Dew could be a factor too.

Maybe they just bring in Washy for Kuldeep. Gives more batting depth, and you probably don't need the 3rd spinner as much if there is any h00p available with the pink SG or if dew gets the ball wet by the end of each day.

D

Deleted member 38150

Don't think Pandya is fit to bowl yet. Shami might sit out to get more recovery time - Siraj and Ishant are bowling well and haven't had much to do this game, and Bumrah is definitely returning.

What's the Ahemdebad pitch usually like?

We also don't know how the Pink SG ball will behave, both normally and under lights. Dew could be a factor too.

Maybe they just bring in Washy for Kuldeep. Gives more batting depth, and you probably don't need the 3rd spinner as much if there is any h00p available with the pink SG or if dew gets the ball wet by the end of each day.
Looks like Gill was taken for some scans.. If he is not fit, I wish they choose washy to be opener, then that gives you some overs as well..
And still keep Axar in the team..With Bumrah, Siraj and Ishant (If shami is not fit) is good enough for pace..

cnerd123

likes this
Washy as opener is a fun idea, and I'm all for fun ideas, but if Gill is injured then surely Agrawal deserves a chance. Has a fantastic record at home and did well last series here too.