• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at the Adelaide Oval

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Cricinfo's commentary said:
England are going to carry on batting until 4.10 (another 45 minutes) - assuming these two don't get out of course. They will lose the two overs for the change of innings if they get out now.
What do they mean?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
McGrath needs to shut his mouth. Seriously, this is why lots of people - such as me - really don't like him. He seems like a nice enough guy off the field, but on it he just can't stop moaning, even when he's not got much to moan about. Lighten up FFS, enjoy the game.
Haha, do you ever stop whinging about the Australian team?

Anyway, that's the big wicket. Should be a thrilling final session. Brilliantly bowled from Warne and Lee, and McGrath was important at the end too. Can't wait for this chase.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
What do they mean?
It means that usually there's two overs deducted from the total for the day due to the change of innings, but there won't be in this instance, as they are taking the tea break during the changeover.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia favourites again says the bookies.

Gonna be a great last session.

Came back from the States having only seen some of day 1 of the Gabba test, glad I made it back in time for today's play. Great way to bring me back into the cricket. :cool:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Amazinggg. Umpires have been excellent.

Can`t praise Australia`s bowlers enough. EVERY BOWLER was at the top of their game. McGrath`s pace and movement was extremely pleasing. Lee was insane, if not throwing the ball. Clark had my jaw-dropping. And Warne was okay.

Haha, C`MOOOOOOOOOON!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
168 from 36. That's 4.67 an over, which is chasable I think.

It's been a long time since Australia had a race against the clock type fourth innings chase, though there have been a few where we raced against the weather. The last one I can remember was that epic 400+ target against New Zealand in the Perth test in 2001/02. At one point in that game Australia needed about 9 an over, and were actually reducing the required rate because Gilchrist and Waugh were scoring so quickly. Lost a few and then blocked out the final overs, though.

It'll take at least 4 or 5 wickets before Australia give it up this time, and I expect Gilchrist to come in at 4, if needed. Hayden, Langer and Ponting before that as usual, though.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
It means that usually there's two overs deducted from the total for the day due to the change of innings, but there won't be in this instance, as they are taking the tea break during the changeover.
Yeah, Cricinfo just clarified it. Cheers anyway. :)