• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2nd Test at Lord's

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm OK with it, fwiw. I remember England playing a series in the WI back in 2009 where the previous rules, iirc, basically said that if there was any doubt the batsman wasn't out. The result, what seemed like lots of LBWs overturned because the ball was only seen to be clipping the stumps. The current system avoids that sort of nonsense, and if the 3rd umpire got ti wrong with the Smith wicket, that's a separate matter.

As for the limit to the number of reviews, only if it's umpire's call. If not, I'm happy with them losing it. I could envisage situation where it was simply a time-wasting tactic otherwise.
Yeah I couldn't remember specifics but the system was trash in that series and that's why we wound up not using it in the Ashes that year I believe

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I have only just now realised that the Australian cricinfo guy is not called Bryan Coverdale.

Oh **** off.

Last edited: