• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That looked way less out than Anderson's first DRS review.

Interesting ball tracking by the system provided by the AUSTRALIAN broadcasters sanctioned by the AUSTRALIAN cricket board.
Feed comes straight out of Area 51

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Showing the benefits of length and actually being a fast bowler rather than a 'fast bowler'. Perhaps England will take a cue on the latter some time in the next 20 years.
Shouldn't bet on it mate.

How many do we reckon England will lose tonight?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Facing 90 mph is bit different to facing county trundlers tbh
I keep banging on here, but seriously, when is England going to produce a good bowler who's actually fast again? It's been a while.

I do note that everyone in the CC seems to have the same bowling action. The shield is going a bit that way too.

Cow

Banned
England's problem is that the football season is 12 months long and you can earn 3 million quid a year and player in the 2nd tier. Cricket is the wrong choice of sport for any young athlete in the UK.

In Aus it's different... Cricket is one of the top earning sports... AFL and NRL players are paid peanuts.. maybe only 2 million Aus dollars a year.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England's problem is that the football season is 12 months long and you can turn 3 million quid a year and player in the 2nd tier. Cricket is the wrong choice of sport for any young athlete in the UK.

In Aus it's different... Cricket is one of the top earning sports... AFL and NRL players are paid peanuts.. maybe only 2 million Aus dollars a year.
True. I don't usually read UK news media so I forget just how dominant football is there. I suppose cricket just doesn't really have a chance.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As opposed to here when it’s up against 3.5 football codes (the 0.5 being Rugby).

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England's problem is that the football season is 12 months long and you can earn 3 million quid a year and player in the 2nd tier. Cricket is the wrong choice of sport for any young athlete in the UK.

Yeah, but there's not many English players make it even as far the 2nd tier in English football. As a career plan, it's not the soundest move.
That being said, the non-presence of cricket on freeview TV isn't going to attract many decent sportsmen away from our all-consuming devotion to football.

I could argue that English cricketers are actually over-remunerated for being bog standard county players insofar as there isn't much incentive to raise their game to test match level.