• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What ae bairsow's numbers like when he has the gloves and is batting lower down the order? His recent runs have come at 5/6 and his test numbers are pretty average, is he that good when he has the gloves?

tooextracool

International Coach
Of his 8 test centuries, 5 have come with him holding the gloves in the same game. More importantly, 7 of them have come at a batting position of 6 or 7.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Of his 8 test centuries, 5 have come with him holding the gloves in the same game. More importantly, 7 of them have come at a batting position of 6 or 7.
Yeah 2400 runs @40 with 5 hundreds batting at 6/7 with the gloves. How is bairstow's keeping? Jos usually takes the gloves over him in white ball if memory serves, haven't seen him keep much.

thierry henry

International Coach
England are pretty warm favourites on the NZ TAB. Is that reflective of the general thinking? I was under the impression that NZ Doom and Gloom was being perceived as premature because England suck and we should still beat them?

Flem274*

123/5
England are pretty warm favourites on the NZ TAB. Is that reflective of the general thinking? I was under the impression that NZ Doom and Gloom was being perceived as premature because England suck and we should still beat them?
away tour. we lost a test to bangers at home. lost to county cricketers. i have a bad feeling about this. gonna derail like a train on this trend imo.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
None of the past matters really... I do think we are a bit undercooked as for bowling is concerned. Hope we get to bat first and pile on runs.

Anderson and Broad were not part of the test squad recently so they will also be starting a bit on the undercooked side.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
England's 4, 5 and 6 is exciting. That is where the game will be decided I guess.

cnerd123

likes this
So if I'm reading this thread right, both teams are **** and no one wants to pay to watch them play?

Sounds about right

cnerd123

likes this
NZ should win this but the narratives that would spin out of McCullum leading England to victory over his former nation + WTC champs on coaching debut at the very ground where NZ won the WTC would be fun. Bet Stokes' kiwi background gets invoked too for extra points.