• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hah I didn't realise Bess and Leach both ended up with 4-76 from 26 overs in the 2nd and 4th innings respectively

Teja.

Global Moderator
Tbf, plenty of idli-sambar infused into this win too.
Tbf, I posted that in the first half hour of the first session of the second test when Pujara and Rohit were batting. Rohit and Rahane put on 162 in the first innings to save us in the game.

White Ball

State 12th Man
Lots of questions for England after that defeat and reading between the lines with the debacle around Ali’s departure there could well be some disunity in the camp.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
Lots of questions for England after that defeat and reading between the lines with the debacle around Ali’s departure there could well be some disunity in the camp.
Yeah Dobell was talking about this. Apparently last minute Ed Smith asked Moeen to stay back, which is frankly insulting for Dom Bess who will likely be selected and knows he doesn't have confidence of management.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dobell is an arrogant prick himself who carries grudges against certain players and commentators but he was mostly right in this instance. But I feel a lot of it is also just the situation itself, I mean they probably expected Moeen to play in Sri Lanka before he got covid. Which was unfortunate to everyone involved but yeah, at least this part of the issue could have been managed better.