• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

Glad to see I'm not the only one. My school diary has been counting down the days for a weeks now, while I've got full on expected scorecards I've drawn up when bored during English. Australia by 123 runs, by the way :cool:

Mister Wright

Man, that would make my day if I walked past the nets on Thursday and saw Vaughan smoking cover drives, even if he doesn't play.

Johnners

FaaipDeOiad said:
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it as well. Most excited I've been about any sporting event since the Australia v Japan match at the World Cup
Same here

:cool: W00t, managed to score both Thursday n Friday off of Work :cool: :cool: , will be driving down to Mainbeach wednesday night, where some mates have a unit booked. Will be loving watching the first ball bowled on a huge flat screen :).

Don't expect to sleep much at all friday night though, Saturday will be the pinnacle of my spectating career, as it will be the 1st ever ashes test i have witnessed live.

Bring on Thursday :) :)

Mister Wright

Clapo said:
Same here

:cool: W00t, managed to score both Thursday n Friday off of Work :cool: :cool: , will be driving down to Mainbeach wednesday night, where some mates have a unit booked. Will be loving watching the first ball bowled on a huge flat screen :).

Don't expect to sleep much at all friday night though, Saturday will be the pinnacle of my spectating career, as it will be the 1st ever ashes test i have witnessed live.

Bring on Thursday :) :)
We should catch up for a drink or a few on Saturday?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
Finger spinners traditionally have negligible impact in Australia and the best that can be hoped for from either is a few wickets at a low economy rate.
IIRC didn't Giles take 6 in the only game he played before being injured last time out?

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Vaughan's Brisbane Arrival Sparks Rumours
MMM, wouldnt like to see him chucked straight in. Confident that Bell, Collingwood, and Cook could handle themselves. If they screw it up, then play the trump card

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
have 2 countdowns going at the moment, 49 hours till the ashes starts and 16 working days left before i quit the civil service. Good times ahead