• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at Brisbane

Cow

Banned
Disappointing to see Cummins (one of the mouth breathers) resort to those cheap run scoring tactics.

Not sure what England are doing here? Are they trying to bluff Aus into thinking Anderson is ok? What's the logic behind that?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I suppose this will be the Aussie spin then to explain why their team are not doing as well as expected, your groundsman happening to create an ''English seamer''?

Spark

Global Moderator
I suppose this will be the Aussie spin then to explain why their team are not doing as well as expected, your groundsmen happening to create an ''English seamer''?
I've been complaining about pitches like this for years, here, overseas and where Australia isn't even involved

Spark

Global Moderator
That shouldn’t count as a boundary I don’t think.
Yeah those should be dead ball once it hits the batsman or his bat.

===

These are not Anderson like conditions but they're certainly more comfortable for him than stereotypical Australian conditions because it allows him to exert such control over the batsman, which is hard when the deck is fast.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
This is poor from Woakes. Letting Cummins leave everything. Cummins great mentality though, doesn’t think like a tail ender at all.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Bollocks. The Indians created an English wicket recently in Calcutta - now Anderson would have loved that. Anderson and Broad bowled better than Cummins and Starc. Try and spin it anyway you like but that is the fact.

Spark

Global Moderator
Bollocks. The Indians created an English wicket recently in Calcutta - now Anderson would have loved that. Anderson and Broad bowled better than Cummins and Starc. Try and spin it anyway you like but that is the fact.
My mistake for trying to have a reasoned discussion rather than flag-waving.

91Jmay

International Coach
Both points are true, pitch is a nice one for Broad/Anderson to bowl dry on and Aussie pacers weren’t that good.

Spark

Global Moderator
"These aren't really Anderson-suited conditions but relative to etc etc"
"HOW DARE YOU SAY THIS IS A GREENTOP"

Spark

Global Moderator
Both points are true, pitch is a nice one for Broad/Anderson to bowl dry on and Aussie pacers weren’t that good.
I've seen Anderson and Broad bowl really well on heaps of pitches like this. English pitches when the sun is shining are often really slow, exactly like this. The Oval a lot of the time, Trent Bridge a few years back, Lord's a lot of the time etc etc

Spark

Global Moderator
God it's annoying as a fielder when you know it's going to go for four but you know you have to properly chase it anyway

91Jmay

International Coach
I've seen Anderson and Broad bowl really well on heaps of pitches like this. English pitches when the sun is shining are often really slow, exactly like this. The Oval a lot of the time, Trent Bridge a few years back, Lord's a lot of the time etc etc
Yeah I agree, also don’t think Aus got that level of choke from their pacers as consistently.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clarke trying to hint Cummins could solve our all rounder problem there

I honestly think Cummins could handle 7 in tests

Groundking

International Debutant
We might have slow wickets, but the run rate is never consistently tragic.

It's just a **** wicket.