• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI quality control draft

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Yes and he was always in charge (which is important in a draft like this where people are likely to misinterpret rules and then the draft can become a Kashmir).

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for the nice feedback. Ill start the voting thread as soon as I get a computer in front of me. Hopefully within the next 48 hours

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
By making me slot players in different categories, this draft revealed some facts that I had not noticed before. One among them being how good are Imran's stats. He has better average than likes of S. Waugh, Jayawardene, Border etc. while being a top quality bowler too. Flintoff too fell in same bowling and batting categories as Imran.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He just didn't fit into my plans. I picked all rounders from different sets of averages.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Team from the players not picked in the draft:

Rohit Sharma (bat avg: >46)
Matthew Hayden (bat avg: 42-46)
Greg Chappell (bat avg: 38-42)
Andy Flower + (bat avg: 34-38)
Glenn Maxwell (bat avg: 30-34)
Hardik Pandya (bat avg: 26-30; bowl avg: >36)
Darren Sammy (bat avg: 22-26)
R Ashwin (bat avg: <22; bowl avg: 32-36)
Brad Hogg (bowl avg: 24-28)
Umar Gul (bowl avg: 28-32)
Jasprit Bumrah (bowl avg: <24)

I am sure it can be improved. Imran still doesn't fit in because his batting average is too high for an all-roudner's spot.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
PosPlayerRoleBat Avg Bowl Avg
1Kris SrikkanthBatsman26-30n/a
2Brian LaraBatsman38-42n/a
3Jacques Kallis (3)All-Rounder42-4628-32
4Allan BorderBatsman30-34n/a
5Aravinda de Silva (6)Batsman34-38n/a
6MS Dhoni + *Keeper>46n/a
7Kim HughesBatsman22-26n/a
8Nathan McCullum (5)All-Rounder<22>36