• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

anonymouskefe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Also interesting that in a mammoth first innings, Abbas only bowled a couple of overs for Wellington. I suppose there is always a question with players like Abbas and Foulkes as to concentrate on one primary discipline over the other - but if he can't get a bowl in a pretty weak Wellington attack... Tashkoff didn't get much of a turn either - 18 overs compared to Younghusband's 42 overs.
I wouldnt have a problem if Abbas and foulkes both concentrated on their primary discipline both looks promising enough to be decent crickets in their respective roles

ataraxia

International Coach
Auckland tail dealing in sixes while Fletcher nurdles around them in Hamilton. 86 runs off 12 overs with 2 wickets in hand.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I was very careful not to say anything positive about van Beek. That final over of the super smash really taught me that lesson
Hah, I was following that game on cricinfo and got so nervous when van Beek was thrown the ball foe the final over.

Would still prefer him as 4th seamer for the Black caps over SP though

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
Unlike the cellar dweller battle last week where it was pointless for Auckland or Otago to go for a draw. In this instance 2nd place is denying 3rd place a ****load of points.
For Wellington, ND would've leapfrogged them even with a draw. Denying CD a win was the difference between 2nd & 3rd.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's that time of the season when stats start to look relevant. Great to see the top two names on the list - if you want an opening bowler who is simply a good bowler (rather than more of an attributes pick like O'Rourke and Sears), then those are your men. Ajaz decent numbers and is relevant for upcoming tours, even if he didn't manage to bowl CD to victory over Wellington.

Clarke and Fisher accumulating good records, while Foulkes' average for the season has risen a bit.

1710175590406.png

jcas0167

International Debutant
Some good batting performances in the Wellington A v CD A game at Hutt Rec. Jake Jonas, the number 3 for CD A with 46 and 133. He apparently played for CD under 19's last season. Sam Mycock opened for Wellington A and got 190 and 53. Hadn't heard much about him and see there is some footage from him playing as an 18 yr old. Must be about 23 now.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Smith is back in the 12 for the firebirds tomorrow. Bracewell also back from a finger injury and Blundell will be playing. Sears is being rested after his workloads v Australia and Rachin is off to the IPL.