• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Flem274*

123/5
If I was Milne I'd be pretty mad at Kelly imho for not having him bowl the final over

Also because it's on free to air I think this has been the best super smash season yet. I base this on nothing - which is basically the amount of super smash I've watched up until now
Nah I'm actually a fan of the modern tactic of going for the jugular earlier and not leaving it to the final over, where exactly this **** can happen.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Not the first time van beek has been smashed to all parts in the final over this year. Time for him to give up that honour.

I was in a car into town to watch the darkness tonight, so I’m glad I only had to experience that shambles on the radio.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also because it's on free to air I think this has been the best super smash season yet. I base this on nothing - which is basically the amount of super smash I've watched up until now
It's been genuinely great. I've enjoyed it much more than the BBL this time, despite our lack of overseas players.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Not the first time van beek has been smashed to all parts in the final over this year. Time for him to give up that honour.

I was in a car into town to watch the darkness tonight, so I’m glad I only had to experience that shambles on the radio.
Going to Foo Fighters tomorrow?

Not overly disappointed Canterbury won. A lot of promising young players and McConchie seems like a good ****.

Last edited:

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Strange to see Jarrod McKay, who is with Otago, still playing for Nelson in Hawke Cup cricket today. I recall something similar with Felix Murray a few years ago (although he was still club level rather than Rep level for the province he moved to). So, obviously rules are pretty loose.

With CD knocked out of the SS. The quality of the Hawke Cup Challenger match between HB and Manawatu is very high.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
Strange to see Jarrod McKay, who us with Otago, still playing for Nelson in Hawke Cup cricket today. I recall something similar with Felix Murray a few years ago (although he was still club level rather than Rep level fir the province ge moved to). So, obviously rules are pretty loose.
He's been doing this for a while I think – did it last season IIRC.
With CD knocked out of the SS. The quality of the Hawke Cup Challenger match between HB and Manawatu is very high.
Live scores, live streams, video highlights and schedules from NZC
That's great. Small captaining, top scoring, and getting all the wickets to thus fall for Manawatu is on point.

Flem274*

123/5
Strange to see Jarrod McKay, who is with Otago, still playing for Nelson in Hawke Cup cricket today. I recall something similar with Felix Murray a few years ago (although he was still club level rather than Rep level for the province he moved to). So, obviously rules are pretty loose.

We've seen FC matches of that quality (when the BCs are on tour, NZ A are up and it's later in the season so injuries are up).