• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, love the "Seriously?!" look that van Beek flashed Cooper with after he pulled a rank long-hop straight down deep square leg's throat.

ataraxia

International Coach
Lol, at that Seifert dismissal. Pre-empted the switch hit, got in a muddle, decided to try an orthodox left handed push into the covers, somehow managed to chop it back onto his stumps from about a meter outside off.
Finally, that "normal cricketing stroke" test umpires envision as possible to be played when they don't call a wide.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Looks like Dale Phillips has been replaced mid-match by Jake Gibson.
But he will remain ahead of Severin in the runs-scoring chart as he was dismissed for 1 in his second innings.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like a cracking final day ahead in the de facto plunket shield final. Wellington 4 down and only 90 ahead, but with Logan van Beek batting at number 11 there's still plenty of batting there to set up a competitive target.

Immenso

Without knowing how the bonus points work, I'm going to assume they were pretty even on the first innings. So Wellington can probably win the Shield with a draw. I'd say an outright result is more likely, though.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Would have to be up there with the best domestic openers to never play for NZ. Wish him all the best.
I wonder if many other players have scored 18 first class hundreds and not played for the Black Caps. Missing out on the 2008 tour to England for Daniel Flynn a real sliding door moment.

Ghost75

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Last day of the season, feels like it's come by really fast. Who has impressed you this year and whose disappointed. For me good to see Severin, Abass and Mariu carry on from last year with the bat. Great to see Smith leading the wicket taking. Hopefully he has an injury free county season and can be as successful as Matt Henry was in his stints there. Other young bowlers for me were Folkes and Clarke. Hay seems to be edging ahead of Chu in the keeping stakes.
My Plunkett Shield X1
Solia
G Hay
Severin
Kelly
Phillips
M Hay
Smith
Foulkes
Younghusband
Clarke
Duffy

jcas0167

International Debutant
Georgeson seems to have had some all-round success. Phillips has had a great season. Parkes, Todd and Will Clark had solid seasons. Foxcroft has been inconsistent, might have slipped back in the pecking order. Glad McKenzie became a regular for Auckland and seems to have put rugby on the backburner. Disappointing Finn Allen seems to have missed the last half of the Plunket Shield.

Immenso