• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Number 400 ?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Dale was a fantastic bowler in the shorter game. Was a nothing in his couple of Tests though.

Wasn't Kasprowicz already in the team at the time of Muller's elevation? Or was he dropped for him?
Dropped, in and out. Can't really remember but I'm pretty sure the likes of Cook and Muller replaced an injuried Fleming and maybe Reffiel. So they could have probably picked someone like Kaspra and/or Bichel instead.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, would have to say Noffke is a big chance of getting the 400, although it could be anyone.

This is a poor representation of Scott Muller. He was a gun bowler, his bowling ability has been let down by the Warne comment and Muller's handling of the situation. But, the fact is he deserved his chance, and he didn't bowl that badly when he had it. Can't believe he gets brought up when guys like Nicholson, Wilson and Cook were not even close to the class of Muller. Shaun Young on the other hand.
Nicholson when picked deserved it thoroughly (not sure about statistics at the time, but from talking to people, the way he was bowling at least). Used to bowl very quickly, and move it around. Completely lost it for a little bit, and since then hasn't been as outright "rapid" as he used to be.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Dropped, in and out. Can't really remember but I'm pretty sure the likes of Cook and Muller replaced an injuried Fleming and maybe Reffiel. So they could have probably picked someone like Kaspra and/or Bichel instead.
A lot of people, particularly in Victoria, thought that Saker was very stiff to miss out on the Tests behind Simon Cook, who couldn't get a game for Victoria and had to move to NSW to get a game, and could only do so when the Australian players were away.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's been quite impressive. Young fella can hit the ball a long way. Hope he continues to pile on the runs...WA have a pretty damn strong batting line up right now. At full strength it's even more daunting. And 12 months ago they had Marto too!
He's also quite dumb imo, see the OD match against Victoria for clarification. Tried to belt every ball from McGain & White out of the ground, don't think he even hit a boundary before he held out.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised Adam Dale wasn't mention in Wright's list for dire Test bowlers............Oh wait his a Queenslander

Also Wilson was a solid FC bowler and really good OD bowler. Like Muller at the time of his selection there weren't many other options. Maybe they should have gone to Kaspra and Bichel earlier or given Clark an earlier run, but thats hindsight.
Totally forgot about Adam Dale tbh, he wasn't the greatest selection. Although to his credit his wicket taking list does include Tendulkar and Lara, although I think both were on about a million when he got them out.

iamdavid

International Debutant
BE McGain, would LOL if I was right.

Tour of Pakistan and Hogg or MacGill injuried. McGain makes the squad as 3rd spinner after Cullen keeps bowling pie, Heal never gets a game. McGain ends up the leading wicket takers out of the spinners. Gets thrown into a Test as 2nd spinner after a couple injuries on tour.

Haha I was going to say him aswell as soon as I saw this thread....McGain to play for Australia before 2008 is out :ph34r:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Yeah, would have to say Noffke is a big chance of getting the 400, although it could be anyone.

This is a poor representation of Scott Muller. He was a gun bowler, his bowling ability has been let down by the Warne comment and Muller's handling of the situation. But, the fact is he deserved his chance, and he didn't bowl that badly when he had it. Can't believe he gets brought up when guys like Nicholson, Wilson and Cook were not even close to the class of Muller. Shaun Young on the other hand.

I agree, I was pretty young at the time but I remember Muller being handy. Sort of reminds me of Hilfenhaus in a way, I think Hilfenhaus is alot more accurate, but similar pace and they both swung the ball out pretty consistently, similar physique aswell.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bump.

Good read actually.

A few people predicted Bollinger and McGain which both ended up being close to the mark.

Casson was our last debutant at 401, who have thought Krejza would be number 402!