• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Northern Districts win the state competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
32 is far too many players to register.

In NZ I know that domestic teams have about 15 or 16 players over the whole season unless they have a major run of injuries.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But a lot of those are the youth players, and I notice when you counted the Worcester squad you never any youth team players - you must be consistent.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Marc,

They are fully paid pros, who has been on the staff for at least 3 years

Here is the ages of some you dont know

Spires 24
K.Bell 20
Trott 23
Joshi 20
Clifford 20
Allen 18
Randawara 21
Munir 16
Westwood 21
Parker 19
Jones 23
Mees 22
Tahir 20
Warren22

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I somehow doubt that all of those are a) professional, and b) have been at the club for 3 years.

They may have played 2nd XI cricket, but that means nothing!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bell
Spires
Warren

I have heard of these players. I have not heard of any of the others. Also only Spires has played 1st class cricket...

This is not a professional squad Chris, this is a list of youth and 2nd XI players who are paid peanuts.

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I somehow doubt that all of those are a) professional, and b) have been at the club for 3 years.

They may have played 2nd XI cricket, but that means nothing!
Apart from a couple they have been on the staff for 3 years. i mean it just too much Pros to have

Trust me i know.......

chris.hinton

International Captain
I will also Mension that If counties give 2nd xi contacts then we will never be any good as a force of english cricket, because the money could be spent on More factiles and BETTER coaching...

Warwickshire give contracts like Confetti, They offer people 3 year deals who have as much chance as i have of being in the first team. Some of them like Tahir for example are on 3 year deals and are still in the Youth team what is right about that.

Worcestershire have offered Retainers to at least six players and monitor there progess. there are from 17-20 and play regular 2nd xi cricket.

can you Image this, you are a 21 year old pro and you cannot get 2nd xi cricket. you going to not care less are you.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There is a big difference between having a contract and being a professional!

There's no way that any 16 year old is a professional.

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
There is a big difference between having a contract and being a professional!

There's no way that any 16 year old is a professional.
Yes he is he was offered a two year contractt by Warwickshire and will join them when he leaves School this was in the Birmingham Post 2 weeks ago. Also he is Kadder Ali brother

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
Yes he is he was offered a two year contractt by Warwickshire and will join them when he leaves School this was in the Birmingham Post 2 weeks ago. Also he is Kadder Ali brother
Yes but he won't be a full memeber of the squad and he will only play a few games if any 1st team games at all. Also it's KADEER ALI. PLEASE SPELL IT RIGHT!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chris.hinton said:
How much is he getting paid?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He's not - County Cricket can hardly support 11 professionals per county, so to suggest he is a professional Cricketer is stretching the imagination slightly.

He may be on some form of YTS contract, but that is completely different.

chris.hinton

International Captain
marc71178 said:
He's not - County Cricket can hardly support 11 professionals per county, so to suggest he is a professional Cricketer is stretching the imagination slightly.

He may be on some form of YTS contract, but that is completely different.
When will you listen HE IS on a Pro contract, do a web search

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Stating and re-stating your point doesn't win your argument.

Answer the questions we challenge you with... How much is he getting paid?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
When will you listen HE IS on a Pro contract, do a web search
You LISTEN! If your trying to prove a point then it is YOU who needs to do a web search to give US the proof. There is no point in saying HE IS and WHEN WILL YOU LISTEN when for all we know you could be making this whole thing up. GIVE US EVIDENCE then WE MIGHT BELIEVE YOU rather than thinking that this is just ANOTHER STUPID ARGUEMENT ABOUT WARWICKSHIRE WHICH IS JUST BASED ON A LOCAL BIAS.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
www.thebears.co.uk Check news and it will be on there

Rik stop shouting, it was funny though
Funny that I'm sitting here and proving that all this is is another case of local Bias? This is YOUR arguement YOU find the proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.