• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nixonia - CricketWeb takes on the World

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Is it too late?

If not, and using the criteria, Ill select James Hopes. He is a similar build, age and action as me. He isnt as quick but is obviously a better bat than I am.

It isnt a perfect pick but Ill take him if there are still spaces.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Clinical Bangladesh defeat Australia

Javed Omar has led his side to a five-wicket victory over a forgettable Australia. John Heads batted cautiously for his debut fifty, but the fifth bowler combination of Mat Mitchell and Greg Thomas hurt Australia and eventually led to it's failure.

Coach's Call -
"Well that backfired something huge. Well done to Heads on debut. Need some consistency in our bowling frbs. And I know it was a tough deck to bat on, but seriously. Someone stand up."

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Is it too late?

If not, and using the criteria, Ill select James Hopes. He is a similar build, age and action as me. He isnt as quick but is obviously a better bat than I am.

It isnt a perfect pick but Ill take him if there are still spaces.
Of course. :)

Forgotten your first name though.

dontcloseyoureyes said:
What difficulty are you playing on btw?
Normal. May as well be expert though.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
One Day International
England vs Australia

Australian Team -
Highkon Mawk
Greg Thomas
John Heads
Mat Mitchell
Jake McDonald
Manjunath Reddlapalli (wk)
Daniel Smith
Kyle Wright (ODI Debut)
Ryan Dunn
Heath Davis
Nathan Patrick (capt)

Coach's Call -
"There's no point holding back in this encounter. Smith and Wright are in for McNamara and Cribb. Thomas moves to opener. "

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Abysmal Australia are aching something awful

The England machine were at their best today as they put together their seven-wicket victory over the Aussies. Sent in to bat, Australia capitulated, summed up by a three-wicket over by James Anderson in which John Heads, Manjunath Reddlapalli and Daniel Smith fell.

Australia need to beat Bangladesh in the final encounter of the round robin phase in order to make the final against England.

Coach's Call -
"Disappointing, but the Poms were clearly better than us. Nice to see Wright make some runs on debut. Smith was bowling with some real heat which we will need against Bangladesh."

Athlai

Not Terrible
Feeling a bit better about my cricket now, disappointed about not converting that into a big one but the strike rate was pretty much perfect.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
One Day International
Australia vs Bangladesh

Australian Team -
Highkon Mawk
Neil Pickup (wk) (ODI Debut)
John Heads
Greg Thomas
Jake McDonald
Mat Mitchell
Kyle Wright
Daniel Smith
Will Quinn
Heath Davis
Nathan Patrick (Capt)

Coach's Call -
"The big changes are Pickup making his debut, in for Reddlapalli and Dunn out for Quinn. Redllapalli's batting has unfortunately caught up with him, as he averages 14.33. Quinn will bolster our batting and hopefully provide ten tight overs. Best of luck lads."

Australia have won the toss and will bat. Join us on MSN for live updates in this crucial encounter.

Last edited: