• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

next test team

who will be next test team ?

• Kenya

Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Holland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Namibia

• Canada

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Scotland

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Ireland

• PNG

• Nepal

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • USA (u wish !)

• Any other (specify)

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Andre said:
FINAL WARNING

To all forum members:

Of late there has been far too much petty arguing between members. As we've seen in the past, they boil over into flamewars.

For the sake of the forum, please keep your posts on topic and avoid attacking other members.

Those who need to attack others to prove a point are always the ones with the problem.

Now, lets not let differances of opinions become personal battles. Feel free to offer differing opinions, but never ever attack another forum member for their views. It's weak, ignorant, obnoxious and childish.

I'm hoping I won't have to post anything like this again in a hurry.

Now, please - back to the cricket.
Andre, for a 17-y\o you sure know how to put stuff in it's place.

Craig

World Traveller
For some strange reason I was thinking of Afganistan just before I opened this thread in my inbox.

Lol it would be lucky for them to get ICC Assiociate status with the state of their contry it is in.

I would love to see criicket take off in the US.

I'm sure everyone would love to see it in the US, it could be marketed globally much easier if it took off over there. But what's the best they have these days? A couple of ex-gang member youths, I believe.
A world cup in America could be absolutely enormous. That would be so good for the game.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
furious_ged said:
I'm sure everyone would love to see it in the US, it could be marketed globally much easier if it took off over there. But what's the best they have these days? A couple of ex-gang member youths, I believe.
A world cup in America could be absolutely enormous. That would be so good for the game.
I don't want it to take off in the US.

Ok Punter, excuse my sweeping generalization :P
I'm sure you'll be the catalyst for an influx of people to say the same thing.

Care to explain why though?

Yeah I dunno about that.. American sporting talent usually only extends to inbred sports!
I suppose there is reason to be skeptical. If it took off in the US it could really sell out in a big way. Although, I think something like the Twenty20 Cup would fare pretty well over there. That would be a good way to get it started. It's over-commercialized, fast paced and something that would be very close to baseball. It's perfect for the Americans.
How's that for an idea? Get em into Twenty20!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
furious_ged said:
Yeah I dunno about that.. American sporting talent usually only extends to inbred sports!

How's that for an idea? Get em into Twenty20!
And Golf

They have a talent pool of about 100 uk s well they would have

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Who do I think will be the next test playing nation? probably Kenya as they have been very competitive in ODIs.

Who do I want to see as the next test playing nation? my current home country: Canada.

Even if they do get the test status some decades down the road, they will get murdered by the current test nations. It definitely won't be pretty :)

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ford_GTHO351 said:
Sounds not bad.

Twenty20 would be attractive to the US public as the games would be quick paced.
Yeah that would be popular. The concept of five day matches, or even a full-day match just doesn't make sense to them.

Yeah, if Twenty20 became popular, I assume some people (the bigger fans) would make the jump to test and ODI cricket. Just ease them into it.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Due to the sheer ammount of people living in America I'm sure they would be a very strong side if they took up Cricket. Unfortunately they waste the talent on Rugby for wimps (American Football) and Glorified Rounders (Baseball). Actually I shouldn't really slag off Baseball, I did an "Ed Smith" 2 years ago and played some Baseball when I went over to my cousin's for Christmas. I've got to say it's the best practise you can get for hooking and pulling! :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
halsey said:
Yeah, but they are obsessed with baseball, and would probably try to hook a yorker:O
I tried to teach my cousin how to bowl but although he got the bowling action, he couldn't stop bending his arm since it was so natural to him. He didn't try and hook any yorkers though!

Eclipse

International Debutant
Rik said:
Due to the sheer ammount of people living in America I'm sure they would be a very strong side if they took up Cricket.
Well it does not always work like that India have about 10 times the population of Australia and England kick our arse in the population stakes. Infact Australia has a very small population especialy considering how big we hare.

Over 60% of Australia is largly unpopulated. I mean in the outback you could easly be 100 + km from the nearest town in every direction.

Having said that I would never bet against America doing very well in cricket if they ever really got into it.