• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand Crowds Act Up

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dasa said:
You have to admit 'living in the dark ages' was a bit extreme...
A tad but when comparing the standard of behaviour the other day to other countries it was appropriate one feels

Fiery

Banned
benchmark00 said:
A tad but when comparing the standard of behaviour the other day to other countries it was appropriate one feels
What was it that got you so fired up benchmark00? The spitting was bad yes but the rest was pretty standard and nothing was thrown that could injure anyone

benchmark00

Fiery said:
What was it that got you so fired up benchmark00? The spitting was bad yes but the rest was pretty standard and nothing was thrown that could injure anyone
Generally i thought the bottle cap business was over exaggerated, but the spitting was what really got me furious, spitting towards another person is the most disresepctful act someone can do towards another human, and the fact that people around the world think just because they pay the money for a ticket it gives them the right to be boneheads to the players, not just in nz, but all around the world, in the past, but i havent seen it recently, until the other day.... which lead me to the 'dark ages' remark, although i guess it was a touch extreme

Fiery

Banned
benchmark00 said:
Generally i thought the bottle cap business was over exaggerated, but the spitting was what really got me furious, spitting towards another person is the most disresepctful act someone can do towards another human, and the fact that people around the world think just because they pay the money for a ticket it gives them the right to be boneheads to the players, not just in nz, but all around the world, in the past, but i havent seen it recently, until the other day.... which lead me to the 'dark ages' remark, although i guess it was a touch extreme
You shouldn't let one idiot bother you that much dude. He'll get what's coming to him if he behaves like that. I bet even his friends (if he has any) would disown him for doing that.

benchmark00

Fiery said:
You shouldn't let one idiot bother you that much dude. He'll get what's coming to him if he behaves like that. I bet even his friends (if he has any) would disown him for doing that.
I doubt it!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I certainly darn well hope so.
I fully agree with this:
benchmark00 said:
spitting towards another person is the most disresepctful act someone can do towards another human

cbuts

International Debutant
Tim said:
NZ crowds don't normally act like this. If you review crowd trouble over the years here, you'll find that most matches have involved Australia.

I can tell you now that if Australia didn't like 20,000 Wellingtonians (who does anyway? :) ) then 40,000 at Eden Park is going to be interesting..especially whoever is fielding next to the terraces.
except there wont be 40000 at eden park. maybe 30000 if they are lucky

cbuts

International Debutant
i was at the game, and the crowd was not that bad. i must give credit to brad hogg, who was getting alot of verbal, then something was thrown at him. he just told the security gaurd, and got on with the game. the rest of the game hogg didnt get any **** in our corner, and was infact highly supported.

i cant beleive aussies are saying anything about the treatment. wasnt it them that started up the chants to put of people like hadlee in 85? as said earlier, richardson wearing a helmet on the boundary? australians are the most abusive crowds in the world

benchmark00

Top_Cat said:
Man, you guys don't get out much, do you?
How do i not get out much judging by that statement??

Do you have some sort of fetish for other peoples saliva being on your body? :mellow:

Top_Cat

How do i not get out much judging by that statement??

Do you have some sort of fetish for other peoples saliva being on your body?
No, I'm just saying that labelling it as the most disrespectful thing any human can do to another shows a distinct lack of worldliness. I can think of (and chase offenders every day for doing) many far more disrespectful acts any human can perpetrate against another.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Top_Cat said:
No, I'm just saying that labelling it as the most disrespectful thing any human can do to another shows a distinct lack of worldliness. I can think of (and chase offenders every day for doing) many far more disrespectful acts any human can perpetrate against another.
Maybe benchmark00 was talking about acts with other people around?
Because obviously there are worse things (rape etc.) and obviously in your line of work you're more aware of it than most, but they're things comitted usually (except, obviously, by psychiatric cases) in the hope that no-one will find-out.
I can't see anything more disrespecful that gets comitted without giving a damn who finds-out.

cbuts

International Debutant
mate there was 22000 people there, so i dont think a million people saw jack. and all i said was i didnt see anyone get spat on. i never doubted it happened. so y dont u pull that carrot out of ur ****, and stop trying to create ****