• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
(6) The list has Australia at the first place. Does that mean that Australia (or the Australian cktr) was the worst of the lot ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Australia,
S. Africa,
S Africa,
England,
S Africa,
W Indies,
S Africa,
India,
NZLand,
NZLand,
England,
NZLand,
Zimbabwe,
Zimbabwe .

What's this above list ??

Q 1 Has it got to do with these countries holding a particular record ?....YES
Q 2 Is it a Team record ?......YES
Q3. Is it related to Test matches?....YES
Q4 Is it a batting record?....YES
(5) Is it a record of a dubious nature ?.....YES
(6) The list has Australia at the first place. Does that mean that Australia (or the Australian cktr) was the worst of the lot ?.....NO

ADVANCE HINT : Its a chronological list !!

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
>> ADVANCE HINT : Its a chronological list !!

Hell ! I was wondering about the order but couldn't think of it :D

(7) Has it got something to do with low scores ?

bryce

International Regular
JASON said:
No Brycey boy. Read it more carefully !! It's all there !! :laugh:

Captain Charles Burgess Fry, who died at his home at Hampstead, London, on September 7, 1956, aged 84, was probably the greatest allrounder of his or any generation. He was a brilliant scholar and an accomplished performer in almost every branch of outdoor sport. Fry was the perfect amateur; he played games because he loved them and never for personal gain. He captained England in Test Matches, and the Mother Country never lost under his captaincy. He played Association Football for England against Ireland in 1901; he was at full-back for Southampton in the FA Cup Final of 1902;

In his career as a cricketer, he scored some 30,000 runs, averaging 50, in an era of natural wickets, mainly against bowlers of great speed or of varied and subtle spin and accuracy.

i don't get it, you said its all there but you hadn't even posted that stuff beforehand?:confused1

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
i don't get it, you said its all there but you hadn't even posted that stuff beforehand?:confused1
When you mentioned whether it had to anything do with Fry becoming King of Albania, I thought you had been reading the Cricinfo profile ( Had you ? :D ) . Hence I said it's all there , read it (cricinfo profile) carefully. :) :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Australia,
S. Africa,
S Africa,
England,
S Africa,
W Indies,
S Africa,
India,
NZLand,
NZLand,
England,
NZLand,
Zimbabwe,
Zimbabwe .

What's this above list ??

Q 1 Has it got to do with these countries holding a particular record ?....YES
Q3. Is it related to Test matches?....YES
Q4 Is it a batting record?....YES
(5) Is it a record of a dubious nature ?.....YES
(6) The list has Australia at the first place. Does that mean that Australia (or the Australian cktr) was the worst of the lot ?.....NO

ADVANCE HINT : Its a chronological list !!

Q7. Has it got something to do with low scores ?.....NO
Q8. Is it no players reaching double figures?.....NO

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Hmmm. No Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh.

4 South Africa, 1 Australia, 2 England, 3 NZ, 1 India, 2 Zim, 1 WI - 14 in all.

(9) Was atleast on the Zimbabwe entries made in 2003 or 2004 ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Hmmm. No Pakistan, Sri Lanka or Bangladesh.

4 South Africa, 1 Australia, 2 England, 3 NZ, 1 India, 2 Zim, 1 WI - 14 in all.

(9) Was atleast on the Zimbabwe entries made in 2003 or 2004 ?
Question not clear. Pls restate.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
(9) Did Zimbabwe make this list in 2003 or 2004 (the last entry in the list) ?

The previous question should have read 'atleast one' :P

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
(9) Did Zimbabwe make this list in 2003 or 2004 (the last entry in the list) ?

The previous question should have read 'atleast one' :P
NO

bryce

International Regular
JASON said:
When you mentioned whether it had to anything do with Fry becoming King of Albania, I thought you had been reading the Cricinfo profile ( Had you ? :D ) . Hence I said it's all there , read it (cricinfo profile) carefully. :) :)
lol ok, well you didn't count on it that i did in fact actually know that :) it's in one of the cricket books i have.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
>> Zimbabwe .

(11) Did Zimbabwe do something, as opposed to something being done against Zimbabweans ?

Hope the question makes sense. For instance, is the record something like 'making the highest team score in test cricket' or is it 'being at the receiving end of the highest team score in test cricket'

Sorry for being vague. Terribly short of ideas :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
indie2 said:
But your answer to Q2:

Sorry I should have clarified. It is a team record but in a different way. I said it was a team record so as not to misguide further for you to believe it is an individual record :p

It is a team record in the sense that it is an Australian or a South African record but not a team record in the way that it is a record of one set of 11 players !!