• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Never captained a Test draft

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh wow, for some reason I naturally assumed Sir Richard was a former NZ captain. Nice pick.

I'll choose Curtly Ambrose.

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
ROUND 1

schearzie - Shane Warne
Red Hill - Keith Miller
mr_mister - Malcolm Marshall
Prince EWS - Muttiah Muralitharan
Howe_zat - Jack Hobbs
AldoRaine18 - Glenn McGrath
AndyZaltzHair - Richard Hadlee
jimmy101 - Curtly Ambrose
Saint Kopite - Dennis Lillee
AndrewB -
honestbharani -

ROUND 2

honestbharani -
AndrewB -
Saint Kopite -
jimmy101 -
AndyZaltzHair -
AldoRaine18 -
Howe_zat -
Prince EWS -
mr_mister -
Red Hill -
schearzie -

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Already regretting not picking Hadlee. There are a lot more ATG players similar to Hadlee who I can pick up in the next couple of rounds than there are ATG players similar to Murali so it was the logical choice, but god damn it I want Hadlee anyway.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I have at least got the best batsman picked in round 1, assuming the bats have to be made of wood
Haha, as adjudicator of this draft I have no problem with DK using his 'Combat'.

Btw, honestbharani, you have a double pick buddy.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Already regretting not picking Hadlee. There are a lot more ATG players similar to Hadlee who I can pick up in the next couple of rounds than there are ATG players similar to Murali so it was the logical choice, but god damn it I want Hadlee anyway.
I had no idea. Was just casually going through NZ's captain list and thought where is hadlee?!!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I had no idea. Was just casually going through NZ's captain list and thought where is hadlee?!!
Before the draft even started I was hoping I'd be able to get Murali or Hadlee for first pick. I sort of decided Murali was my first choice but hoped he'd get picked so I could justify Hadlee instead.

Ahh the complex emotions of drafting...

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
AndrewB, you've timed out I'm afraid. Still waiting for honestbharani's round two pick also.

Saint Kopie > jimmy101 > AndyZaltzHair

Saint Kopite

First Class Debutant
ROUND 1

schearzie - Shane Warne
Red Hill - Keith Miller
mr_mister - Malcolm Marshall
Prince EWS - Muttiah Muralitharan
Howe_zat - Jack Hobbs
AldoRaine18 - Glenn McGrath
AndyZaltzHair - Richard Hadlee
jimmy101 - Curtly Ambrose