• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need 150 runs to win . Only 4 wkts remaining .

Which Clutch batsman would make your Team win ?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Sunil1z

International Regular
Who would you pick as your main batsmen? You can also name any other clutch batsman not mentioned in the poll.

reyrey

U19 12th Man
A number 1 to 3 batsmen because they probably would have already played themselves in by the time the team is 6 down. Someone who can hit boundaries for fun, so won't need to expose the tail and someone who isn't stifled by the occasion.

I'll go with Richards. Either one fits the criteria.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Laxman but it’s also under rated who’s at the other end in these scenarios. That chase where Laxman got India home vs Aus by a wicket or two (I can’t remember the year, was mate early 2010s) he had some fantastic support on the way from the lower order. If you’ve got a sort of Aus mix-80s lower order it kind of won’t matter who the gun bat is because the tail will just fold up.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
he had some fantastic support on the way from the lower order.
Was really just Ishant tbf. But you are right. It really depends on how well the tailender bats and what they put on the line.

I may as well answer Duminy here and be right. :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah he was randomly good in those situations among a fair bit of mediocrity otherwise.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Averages in the 4th innings:

Steve Waugh: 25.54!!
Laxman: 40.55
Stokes 35.58
Inzamam 37.69

None of them

Probably Kane Williamson or Younis Khan

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Averages in the 4th innings:

Steve Waugh: 25.54!!
Laxman: 40.55
Stokes 35.58
Inzamam 37.69

None of them

Probably Kane Williamson or Younis Khan
Kane if it's in New Zealand. Not Kane if it's outside New Zealand, where he averages 24 in the 4th innings.