• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nathan Lyon vs Graeme Swann

Who was the better test bowler?

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imran Khan was obviously a *** god. Plenty of stories about it too.

No match for Tino tho

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ever since flibberty pointed out that anyone who isn’t Swann isn’t Swann I vote for the other candidate in every poll he’s in. :santa:

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I voted for Lyon because I feel he would be more dependable than Swann , and that's basically what I would want from an offie, both aren't the most likeable guys but there's a mental toughness about Lyon that I admire ...The bloke is one of the most dedicated bowlers of the 21st century and now he has 450 test wickets , nobody would have said he would have got even a quarter of that tally when he started out ...

Also extra brownie points for having a damn successful Test career as an off spinner in mostly Australian conditions ... Swann , Muralitharan , Harbhajan Singh to name a few their bowling averages are over 50 in Australia ..

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I've good Swann and not just because I'm English.

His record for a modern English finger spinner is exceptional, nobody else averages under 35 and Swann averages 30.

Lyon is a fine bowler but bowling spin in Australia is generally easier than it is in England where obviously Swann bowled alot.

Swann wasn't great in Australia and Lyon struggled in South Africa.

Not alot between them but Swann edges it for me.

Gob

International Coach
I've good Swann and not just because I'm English.

His record for a modern English finger spinner is exceptional, nobody else averages under 35 and Swann averages 30.

Lyon is a fine bowler but bowling spin in Australia is generally easier than it is in England where obviously Swann bowled alot.

Swann wasn't great in Australia and Lyon struggled in South Africa.

Not alot between them but Swann edges it for me.
Too easy to point where Swannah jumped the ship mid way through a drubbing