• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murli gets married.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Legglancer said:

The Couple With Arjuna Ranatunga

Thanks Mate for those brilliant pics !!

What a beautiful bride !! :D :D
It seems Murali has made a brilliant Match !!

Best Wishes to Murali and Madhimalar !!

A guy with a heart of gold and a great wish to help his fellow Countrymen !! He deserves all the very best !! :D :D

May there be more little Murali's and I pray they will be playing for Sri Lanka and not India !!

C_C

International Captain
bah.
If he only married 8 years ago, we could've bribed his wife to immigrate and force murali to apply for indian citizenship under threat of divorce....Kumble and Murali....oh what it would've been
:D :D :D :D

Legglancer

State Regular
C_C said:
bah.
If he only married 8 years ago, we could've bribed his wife to immigrate and force murali to apply for indian citizenship under threat of divorce....Kumble and Murali....oh what it would've been

LOL .... But without Arjuna ..... he's career could be long over now ! :blink:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good work Murali!

Can anyone explain a bit about what's happening in the pics (apart from 'Murali's getting married' :p )? For example, what are they drinking there? Traditions involved etc.

shankar

International Debutant
Son Of Coco said:
Good work Murali!

Can anyone explain a bit about what's happening in the pics (apart from 'Murali's getting married' :p )? For example, what are they drinking there? Traditions involved etc.
Consecrated water or milk probably.

cricket player

International Debutant
C_C said:
Yup...
its great that while fans can pit two champions against each other like its Soviet Union vs USA, they have excellent friendship and mutual appreciation.....Warne and Murali are extremely good mates.....Sachin and Lara have been pals ever since Hero Cup in 93 or 94...

btw- excellent pictures...thanks a lot.
When have we said that soviet union is a champoin,With that crappy army and the defeat they suffered from a small country like afghanistan,I wont call them a world champoin,It is like comparing shane warne with with harbhajan singh :p

C_C

International Captain
When have we said that soviet union is a champoin,With that crappy army and the defeat they suffered from a small country like afghanistan,I wont call them a world champoin,It is like comparing shane warne with with harbhajan singh
Every champion has a bogeyman...Bradman had larwood, Sampras has Krajicek, USSR had afghanistan and USA had Vietnam.
:D :D :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Son Of Coco said:
I will try .

This picture shows Murali and Madhi seated in a special Stage erected for Traditional Hindu weddings - where the Groom , Bride ,Best Man and Bridesmaid all sit while the priest performs the special spiritual chantings as well as the different components of the Hindu Marriage ceremony ! The parents and brothers/sisters of bride and groom as well as close relatives stand behind the stage as they are also involved in some parts of the ceremony . (particularly the parents) Usually widowed or divorced people are generally not encouraged in this area (As there is an underlying belief that that will bring bad luck to the marriage). Only Happily, long married couples or women are involved in the ceremony assisting behind stage .

This picture shows the couple drinking holy water (otherwise known in Tamil as "panneer" ). This is mainly composed of milk with sugar and some holy water IIRC. This water is generally given by the priest during the ceremony and signifies that this holy water is a form of God's blessing to the couple.

Now this picture shows the bride showing her bangles . I think these are her husbands gifts to her and signifies her pride in her partner's gift to her. Also the ringing of the bangles is supposed to be good luck too . ( My explanation of this part of the ceremony is not very certain ). Perhaps some one else can explain this one. :) :D

The latter two images are not part of the ceremony IMO.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
I wonder if Murali's eyes widen up when he receives the honeymoon benefits like they do when he bowls.
:laugh:
Great post. Slightly disturbing thought.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
C_C said:
bah.
If he'd married 8 years ago she'd have been 16. :dry:

C_C

International Captain
Richard said:
Well Lg did mention that she's 24... and it's pretty straightforward maths.

yes...we know...Mr Data.
btw...that Mr. Data comment was not just for your math skills.

Last edited: