• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Muralitharan a burglar,a thief and a dacoit : Bedi

Tom Halsey

International Coach
A yo-yo wrist flick is not breaking the law. But, like Kenny, I will never be convinced he doesn't chuck it. I have a suspicion (as do alot of the people at my school) that he straightens his arm when he celebrates.

Gems

Cricket Spectator
Well, I have always been suspicious of Murali even though he's been cleared and all that. I know he has a defect but that has always just made me think that he shouldn't be bowling or that he should be working on his bowling action to make it less suspicious.
Murali's bowling is a subject that will run and run and while I do like him, I feel that every time he steps up to bowl someone will always be saying he's 'chucking', whether it be supporters or opposition players on the field. Therefore, as its unfair on supporters, other players and Murali himself, perhaps its time this situation was properly looked into.

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
He chucks his leg break ... but so what!!!! He's not hurting anyone ... unlike fast bowlers who chuck at 100 mph (Akhtar). The rule is designed to prevent fast bowlers from dangerously chucking the ball ...

Murali is a cricketing genius who has somewhat revolutionised the game ... how often are pioneers rejected by the establishment?

Gems

Cricket Spectator
Erm, well, how exactly can a 'chucker' be a 'genius'? I would say that a 'chucker' is a 'cheat', whether the bowler means it or not, a ball must be bowled and not thrown. Murali is not a genius, he's a double-jointed suspicious bowler.
As for your 'he's not hurting anyone' oh come on please! It's statements like that, that make me wonder about the game these days. If you are chucking instead of bowling then you are not playing the game correctly.
AS for your fast bowlers well, if umpires suspect that any bowler is chucking they have a ton of videos at their disposal, the match referee and officials have a button on their video player which makes the playback SLOW. So, whether you bowl fast or not, if your action is deemed suspicious it will be viewed at normal speed and in slow motion. Therefore, any illegal action will be spotted.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
JohnnyA said:
He chucks his leg break ... but so what!!!! He's not hurting anyone ... unlike fast bowlers who chuck at 100 mph (Akhtar). The rule is designed to prevent fast bowlers from dangerously chucking the ball ...
Actually no - if a person throws the ball, they can get a lot more spin on it than if they bowl it, so throwing is to prevent all sorts of bowlers, not just quicks.

krkode

State Captain
I find it surprising that all ye accusers here think they know more than those suspecting, inspecting and then clearing Murali.

Clearly, whatever you think is insignificant, now. So don't think it. Please. :P

Gems

Cricket Spectator
Ah but that is the point krkode(!)

Murali is regularly suspected but rarely inspected .

If he wasn't chucking that ball at least some of the time, it would not be an issue. There is so much else in cricket to be concentrating on that people would dismiss Murali's action if they truly thought it was not suspect.

krkode

State Captain
Lots of people are also angry/jeleous of what he can do to their favorite teams, right?

I myself am. He destroyed India for 54 along with Vaas in Sharjah. I was dumbstruck that day, but I didn't resort to suspecting because he's cleared already, and if the people at the top are fine with it, then I'll live with it.

Gems

Cricket Spectator
Ah but I don't have a favourite team as such krkode. England could have smashed Sri Lanka to bits and I still would have wondered.

Lets face it krkode, Murali is suspicous whether he's taking wickets against your favourite team or not. Thats what this post is about.

Every time I see Murali whether it be live action or old footage I closely watch his action.

:yawn: - thats where I am on this one. Maybe we should add a poll here. Can we...?

Don't know, check out new subjects.

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Actually no - if a person throws the ball, they can get a lot more spin on it than if they bowl it, so throwing is to prevent all sorts of bowlers, not just quicks.
Yeah .. but I don't mind that ... I love watching Murali bowling ... if that's illegal ... so what IHMO

Fast bowlers area different matter ... for me anyway.

V Reddy

International Debutant
krkode said:
Lots of people are also angry/jeleous of what he can do to their favorite teams, right?

I myself am. He destroyed India for 54 along with Vaas in Sharjah. I was dumbstruck that day, but I didn't resort to suspecting because he's cleared already, and if the people at the top are fine with it, then I'll live with it.
Kode, what's your opinion of Kirtley (i.e.,if you have seen him bowl ) ? He doesn't get that many wickets but i think he chucks it too.

V Reddy

International Debutant
JohnnyA said:
Yeah .. but I don't mind that ... I love watching Murali bowling ... if that's illegal ... so what IHMO

Fast bowlers area different matter ... for me anyway.
Then in your opinion chuckers should be allowed to bowl spin as they will not be hurting the batsman:O

krkode

State Captain
vishnureddy said:
Kode, what's your opinion of Kirtley (i.e.,if you have seen him bowl ) ? He doesn't get that many wickets but i think he chucks it too.
Sorry, mate. I haven't watched a cricket game since Laxman's 281. Ind/Pak and Ind/Aus final in the World Cup were the only ones in between.

Kirtley's one of my favorite players in ICC (international cricket captain) but not sure of his action :(

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
vishnureddy said:
Then in your opinion chuckers should be allowed to bowl spin as they will not be hurting the batsman:O
Yup ... as long as the arm comes over the top ...

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
I Thought bishen singh bedi was a reasonable man. but he has once again proved that he is a joodi. i think he says all this at 12am or pm.

Whenever a guy perform wells, his mind goes into some sort of a disorder. first it was harbhajan, then tendulkar, now murali who he targets with his ridiculous words.

I dont know y do media pay so much attention to a mad old man who is a joodi.

oi rajat. YOu no speaka da english? your last post didnt even make sense. yeh i agree as well kirtley is also a chucker but his is more subtle than murali's

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think that rajat's post makes a great deal of sense - apart from one word I do not understand. It seems to be a little insulting to Bedi so that's fine by me.

He (Bedi) seems to court controversy - someone likened him to David Hookes earlier which seems apt - a couple of spiteful old cricketers hanging on to the fading glimmer of public recognition.

But I could be wrong.

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
Thanks luckyeddie. The one word "joodi" means a stupid person in hindi which is usually used by us to laugh at people who have a huge turban on their head(like bishen).

Sometimes i feel that these people like bishen are carrying a huge load on their head right from the time they are born, tat's y they speak such foolish.

As for mr. ponting i could not understood wat u said. i can compare ur language to an alien, who has come from a planet called "jhunjhunlala".:D :lol: