• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali Misses Out

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
Murali today got 9 wickets looking for ten which he could of easily got but they brought in Vaas who got the final wicket, He bet Richard Hadlee's record by one less run. Wat do u think of the call, a bit unfair?

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Vaas was pretty stink to get it should of just bowled off the stumps and let Murili have a go but maybe the batsmen got himself out to denie the old bent wrist ??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I heard that one of the fielders dropped a catch off Murali for the 10th, and besides they have to professional about it - it's a team game, not a one man show!

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
yeah, i agree mark, but still that is unfair. I think it was more bad captaincy than bowling by Vaas. The captain should have put a part timer or something in

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
He had enough chances to get the last wicket, they put on 35! IIRC he dropped a caught and bowled attempt in the last over of the previous day!

Also, the appeal for the 10th wicket was a bit of an afterthought!