• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Overrated Player?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think its just that England capitulated.
but well done to Sri Lanka for coming into the 1st test the way they have.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The problem is in the bowling. Sri Lanka stuck to a accurate line outside off stump, and got the edges through persistance.

England (with the exception of Flintoff) sprayed it all over the place on the first day.

If we can bat through today, we'll get 350 or so on top of the 50 so far, then we may be in a position to leave them 150 or 200 to win tomorrow afternoon, and who knows what will happen then?!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
england on something like 322/2 certainly a good position they have read the bowlers well from just one day of batting

something india should try and do :p

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoggard looks alright, but I feel Botham & co hyped him up way too much when he was here in New Zealand, to me..he isn't that much greater than Chris Martin or Chris Drum.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The selections of Crawley & Cork have to be questioned, both these players have had about 4 or 5 recalls in the past 3 years and failed every single time, what makes the English selectors think that they will suddenly come right is beyond me.

There are players who will never be good enough beyond first class level & Cork & Crawley are two of those.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The selections of Crawley & Cork have to be questioned, both these players have had about 4 or 5 recalls in the past 3 years and failed every single time, what makes the English selectors think that they will suddenly come right is beyond me.

There are players who will never be good enough beyond first class level & Cork & Crawley are two of those.
This is Crawley's first recall in 37 tests. Cork struggled with injuries last summer and bowled well in the first innings.

Granted, I'd rather have seen Key or Fulton or Blackwell but it's better than Mark Ramprakash all over again.

And Kirtley succeeded in the ODIs in Zimbabwe, how about giving him a stab at Test Level

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the reason why England haven't picked Kirtley was because his bowling action was under suspicion, however I thought that the ICC had cleared it about 2 months ago and he was back bowling again.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I have no idea - but what's it matter, anyway, if he takes wickets. Glenn McGrath isn't exactly the quickest is he?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I've heard that Jones of Glamorgan is in line to come in for the 2nd Test as an out and out Pace bowler, as Harmison is injured.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I've heard Jones of Glamorgan is in line to play the 2nd Test if they want an out and out quick bowler, as Harmison is still injured.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jones is in top form and taking wickets cheaply and regularly, I say good choice. Hope he has more luck than the last few Glamorgan and England players I can think of...

Alex Tudor? Hmmm... There are better, he is just over-rated as he plays for Surrey.