• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most catches dropped off a bowler?

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Some of the dropped catches in the England/Pakistan series - jeez...

Without quantifying how easy the chances were, which bowler has the most catches dropped off them?
Would be interesting to go further into this - number of catches dropped per balls bowled or something to try to equalise it? Or in relation to how many wickets the bowler took?

Be interesting.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson probably. Purely because of how much cricket he's played and his style of bowling netting him a lot of slips catches. Also not had the best slip fielders in his time.

vcs

Kaneria also haha

Sometimes I think Akmal put that perma-frown on his face

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm surprised it's not Murali, Warne, McGrath, Anderson or Walsh, just based on the sheer size of their careers and the opportunities they'd created.

OverratedSanity

Kaneria's stats would look pretty respectable if not for Akmal imo. Not surprised he has that many misses off his bowling in such a short career.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's both limited to 2006 onwards and out-of-date for some of the names now anyway, but I remember this
Broad had an incredible number of relatively simple catches dropped off his bowling in that 2012 series, which was notable given that he averaged about 10 regardless.