• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moeen Ali racially abused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrish

International Debutant
Knew this thread was going to bring out the worst given the subject matter. Reading through the 'where's the evidence' posts helps me understand what a lot of women go through when facing ***ual harassment. People ask the same thing and how do you prove such a thing? How is Moeen supposed to prove it?
One of my best friends was accused of ***ual harassment by someone whom he was supervising. Knowing him I knew he never would have done something like it. Turned out that that woman also accused other people of doing similar things outside of work. She had severe performance issues and would resort to such claims against the people who would try to get rid of her. So coin has two sides..

Anyways, while I don’t think Moeen is lying but it’s also a perfectly valid question why he would wait for this long? Situation would have been dealt with much sooner and everyone would have moved on by now. It’s not far fetched to assume it’s due to financial reasons.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
One of my best friends was accused of ***ual harassment by someone whom he was supervising. Knowing him I knew he never would have done something like it. Turned out that that woman also accused other people of doing similar things outside of work. She had severe performance issues and would resort to such claims against the people who would try to get rid of her. So coin has two sides..

Anyways, while I don’t think Moeen is lying but it’s also a perfectly valid question why he would wait for this long? Situation would have been dealt with much sooner and everyone would have moved on by now. It’s not far fetched to assume it’s due to financial reasons.
It's also a question that is capable of having a perfectly valid and reasonable answer.

Spark

Global Moderator
"i don't think he's lying, now let me bring up this entirely irrelevant anecdote to show that moeen is actually probably lying"

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
For it to be racist you'd have to assume the culprit would be just as liable to direct the insult at anyone of ''Asian appearance'', Virat Kohli, his own teammate Khawaja, etc etc. The insult is clearly directed at religion, i.e. creating an absolute association between Islamic piety and Islamic terrorism.

Spark

Global Moderator
For it to be racist you'd have to assume the culprit would be just as liable to direct the insult at anyone of ''Asian appearance'', Virat Kohli, his own teammate Khawaja, etc etc. The insult is clearly directed at religion, i.e. creating an absolute association between Islamic piety and Islamic terrorism.
thanks oxford university

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha holy ****, it gets worse. Way to fundamentally misunderstand the issue.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
i mean if he doesn't think that people get insulted as terrorists just because they're brown then he's either very sheltered or thoroughly obtuse, idc which
No no spark, it's common for anyone with a beard to be treated this way. Nordic lumberjacks are frequently referred to as Osama as I understand it.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
i mean if he doesn't think that people get insulted as terrorists just because they're brown then he's either very sheltered or thoroughly obtuse, idc which
People do, true, but, and I hate to analyse the head of Davey Wa - whoops - but in this particular circumstance I believe the insult was more directed at Moeen's appearance, so yes, that insult could just as well be directed at a Caucasian.

It simply isn't racist. A racist remark would refer to Moeen's Anglo-Pakistani heritage. It is that simple.

Spark

Global Moderator
No no spark, it's common for anyone with a beard to be treated this way. Nordic lumberjacks are frequently referred to as Osama as I understand it.
honestly i would genuinely take "is it really that bad of a comment" over the wilful obtuseness of some of these lines of argument being trotted out

Spark

Global Moderator
People do, true, but, and I hate to analyse the head of Davey Wa - whoops - but in this particular circumstance I believe the insult was more directed at Moeen's appearance, so yes, that insult could just as well be directed at a Caucasian.

It simply isn't racist. A racist remark would refer to Moeen's Anglo-Pakistani heritage. It is that simple.
okay i submit to your superior divine wisdom, o god of what is and isn't racist

Chrish

International Debutant
"i don't think he's lying, now let me bring up this entirely irrelevant anecdote to show that moeen is actually probably lying"
He either should have said it at that time or just kept quite. Saying things now doesn’t do any good to cricket. It only creates animosity between two teams and countries. That’s all I am saying.

I don’t think his lying.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

To those with a simple mind I'm sure it is, yes.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's semantics really. If it's not racism and some other kind of prejudice/bigotry, is it 'better'?

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
He either should have said it at that time or just kept quite. Saying things now doesn’t do any good to cricket. It only creates animosity between two teams and countries. That’s all I am saying.

I don’t think his lying.
Quite frankly, whether it does any good to cricket is completely besides the point.

Spark

Global Moderator
How the **** should I know?
bayliss has confirmed today that it was raised at the time and the england setup wanted to pursue it further but they were dissuaded out of it by moeen not wanting to make a fuss. so it's not just moeen lying, it's a grand conspiracy clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.