• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moderate up/downgrade thread

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Those guys were still international cricketers. Many ODI sides are worse, especially now that we consider games played between any two countries to be ODIs.

Spark

Global Moderator
The one that stands out to me is...

Jadeja is a moderate upgrade on Lillee as an all conditions bowler.
Had a bit of a look in cricinfo.

Jadeja has claimed 43 wickets in 14 matches @ 36.39 outside asia.

Lillee has claimed 28 wickets in 10 matches @ 36.96 outside the 2 ashes countries.
..."obvious baiting" is a moderate downgrade on "actually reading the OP", which quite plainly states that the two players are to be of similar style.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
For 2 players so similar in style and game, an obvious example should be Greenidge as a moderate upgrade over Haynes, in both formats of the game they played.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Those guys were still international cricketers. Many ODI sides are worse, especially now that we consider games played between any two countries to be ODIs.
oath to this

if RTD can hold a legitimate ODI batting average of 67 then Bevan's 185* match should bloody count haha

Bijed

International Regular
Chris Woakes is a moderate upgrade over Tim Bresnan as an ODI player

Instinctively I'd say the same for tests, but their stats are actually quite close

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's actually a really good comparison. I had the Donald/Lee comparison in mind when I started this.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The one that stands out to me is...

..."obvious baiting" is a moderate downgrade on "actually reading the OP", which quite plainly states that the two players are to be of similar style.

maybe he considers "sucking in alien conditions" a style? :p There is the facial hair too... Aluminum bat and Aluminum sword?

TheJediBrah

oath to this

if RTD can hold a legitimate ODI batting average of 67 then Bevan's 185* match should bloody count haha
This is an excellent point. I wasn't saying that the game wasn't of ODI standard, it absolutely was, just that it wasn't a proper "Rest of the World side".

Howe_zat

Audio File
BBC have been airing replays today of the 2018 India in England series, and it reminded me that Keaton Jennings is a moderate upgrade on wet kitchen towel.

trundler

Sachin Tendulkar is a moderate upgrade over Joe Root is a moderate upgrade kher Ian Bell is a moderate upgrade over Ajinkya Rahane is a moderate upgrade over Asad Shafiq