• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Missed Out in 2024 Polls" Draft

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Douglas Jardine

Team so far:

01. Usman Khawaja
02. Simon Katich
03. Richie Richardson
04. Duleepsinhji
05. Douglas Jardine (c)
06. Shakib Al Hasan
07. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
08. Chris Cairns
09. Frank Foster
10. Kyle Jamieson

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
As some participants have had a rougher deal than others, Round 11 will provide some compensation as it is based on reverse positions in Rounds 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9

Round 11:

JOJOXI
CricAddict
capt_Luffy
Fuller Pilch
HeathDavisSpeed & Line & Length
AndrewB
Bitmap
Silver Silva
trundler
Pothas & Teuton
ataraxia

As there are quite a few lesser known players selected in this draft, it might be advisable to provide stats when listing your final teams.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And I'll take Sanath Jayasuriya

1. Dennis Amiss
2. Sanath Jayasuriya
3. Aravinda de Silva
5. Colin Bland
6. Carl Hooper
7. MS Dhoni
8. Chaminda Vaas
9. Bruce Taylor
10. Johnny Wardle
11. Brett Lee

@JOJOXI

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Saeed Anwar
Mark Waugh
Zaheer Abbas
Norm O'Neill
Michael Hussey
Ben Stokes
Brendon McCullum (wk)
Jimmy Sinclair
Mitchell Starc
Abdul Qadir
Terry Alderman

Any players that there is a keen interest in terms of stats (might add for Sinclair later but most other names quite established in CW I'd imagine? Also that opening spot is subject to change - not sure who to put there - Waugh there as a result of being last in more than anything.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Hussey was an long time opener at FC level so would probably be best qualified
Will mull over it but might go with this, wasn't aware of his FC opening background really but that helps - has a decent opening record at Test level but from a v small sample size but combined with FC experience is interesting. Initially had Abbas at 5 and Hussey at 4 until I selected O'Neill and then forgot I had and selected Waugh so Hussey opening puts Abbas at 5 as planned where he had a better average despite batting there slightly less than at 3.

Also BMac averaged about 40 when opening with 2 100s (including a double in India) and 6 50s, but then that affects keeping.
McCullum did briefly tempt me although keeping and opening a tough ask